How to get your body ready for summer holidays in 113 days (progress pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely in on this thread, but my two cents would be to add some foods you're likely to enjoy more. If you enjoy what you're eating and are happy eating that regularly then obviously there's no problem, but I'd just say "Macros/Micros...Get them" - In essence, make sure you get all your vitamins and minerals and then you can afford to be a bit more 'free' with the composition of your macronutrients and see the same changes. There are natural bodybuilders such as Matt Ogus who got absolutely shredded following the protocol of "If it fits your macros", making sure he got all his vitamins and minerals also. The problem with a lot of people with trusting 'If it fits your macros', is that they've always had beliefs that certain foods are just unavoidably bad and unhealthy.

Last edited by a moderator:

Definitely in on this thread, but my two cents would be to add some foods you're likely to enjoy more. If you enjoy what you're eating and are happy eating that regularly then obviously there's no problem, but I'd just say "Macros/Micros...Get them" - In essence, make sure you get all your vitamins and minerals and then you can afford to be a bit more 'free' with the composition of your macronutrients and see the same changes. There are natural bodybuilders such as Matt Ogus who got absolutely shredded following the protocol of "If it fits your macros", making sure he got all his vitamins and minerals also. The problem with a lot of people with trusting 'If it fits your macros', is that they've always had beliefs that certain foods are just unavoidably bad and unhealthy.

What minerals and vitimains would you say are essential when training and whats the easiest way to get them?

reason for me having no taste in my food is i like to "numb" my taste buds for the first 2 weeks, It's a real killer as the cravings are out of control atm, however after the 2 week period is over I have 0 cravings for fatty foods and find it much more easier to control.

Off to gym now to work chest and tri's

5x5 bench press
5x5 incline
5x5 dips
5x5 peck deck

then various tricep ropes

will be doing abs and 20-30min on the bag tonight. Need to lay off football for a week or so as my knee's are litterally hanging off, played 4/5 times a week straight for the last 6 months. Not good.

That's not a lot of bait for a bulking period like, those 3 meals are gonna struggle to reach 1200 cals. How you gonna build muscle on so few cals?

Mate there are plenty healthy foods you can eat that you can enjoy.
Like Titus said there is no need to eat food that you dont like just to be healthy, also mate if you are bulking then there are even more options you can have that will help you.

sounds like hes done this before and knows what hes doing so im sure he doesnt need the advice on food stuffs. hes only posted 1 days worth of food, perhaps thats all he had available or what he actually likes to eat.

sounds like hes done this before and knows what hes doing so im sure he doesnt need the advice on food stuffs. hes only posted 1 days worth of food, perhaps thats all he had available or what he actually likes to eat.

ooooh ok mate, dont get ya nickers in a twist we are arnly trying to help ;)

reason for me having no taste in my food is i like to "numb" my taste buds for the first 2 weeks, It's a real killer as the cravings are out of control atm, however after the 2 week period is over I have 0 cravings for fatty foods and find it much more easier to control.

Off to gym now to work chest and tri's

5x5 bench press
5x5 incline
5x5 dips
5x5 peck deck

then various tricep ropes

will be doing abs and 20-30min on the bag tonight. Need to lay off football for a week or so as my knee's are litterally hanging off, played 4/5 times a week straight for the last 6 months. Not good.

that is one hell of lot for chest mate - 100 sets !! and then you are doing triceps afterwards.....overtraining there mate
keep it at basic compounds

I do 4x6 instead of 5x5. I would also lose the pec deck

I think i am the only person who thought the Tuna and potatoes is nice!! :lol:

I eat it quite a bit.... currently tucking into boiled rice and a tin of tuna as i type! (little bit salad cream like, guilty pleasure)

I agree with OP, once you do it for a week or 2, my cravings have more or less gone, i tend to crave fruit a lot lately, apples in particular! but i know nowt really, just training (weights & Cardio) most days and trying to eat better, hopefully look half decent by 24th August..... but doubt it :lol:

Our lass gans mad about the stuff i eat :lol:
for example
Cold uncooked porridge oats mixed with whey protein
scramble eggs (making the dishes a mess)
tuna mixed with low fat cottage cheese
quark - mixed with a teaspoon of low calorie drinking chocolate

the taste of stuff doesnt bother me as long as i know i'm having the right stuff

Didn't post all my meals yesterday, as some where the same, just tryna use up what i have left before i do my proper shop. I'll start doing a day by day post as from tomorrow.

Chest is killing, love the 5x5 workout's, didn't manage to do any tricep extensions as my back start to ache (from footy) so just gonna do them in the house throughout the day while working.

Actually ... I think from now on i'll post all the days pics and workout's at the end of the day rather than dribs n drabs, so its more collected together.

If anyone wan't to join in on this thread and upload there pic go for it, one thing it does is make sure you wont slack or cheat for the fear of getting slated on here :lol:

I've been doing 4x6 for years now but recently upped it to 4x8.
I only do compound exercises per body part
i.e. dips and bench, bent over rows and deadlifts.

5x5 iirc is mainly for strength gains while upping to 4x8 is more towards size.

see above
meant to say reps, 100 reps is still wayyyy to much for putting size on unless you are juicing

really? last night I did the following ( all to failure with a range of 7-10 )

3 x incline barbell bench bress
3 x flat barbell bench press
3 x tricep pull downs
3 x dips
3 x chest fly machine

that was it for last night as I had no energy for some reason. would normally have added some over head tricep extensions as well. so is that too much for building muscle? :confused:

really? last night I did the following ( all to failure with a range of 7-10 )

3 x incline barbell bench bress
3 x flat barbell bench press
3 x tricep pull downs
3 x dips
3 x chest fly machine

that was it for last night as I had no energy for some reason. would normally have added some over head tricep extensions as well. so is that too much for building muscle? :confused:

In your routine you are potentially doing 150 to 180 (with tri ext) on your chest and triceps. 120 of those working chest and tri's and 60 isolation on triceps. Muscles have to have sufficient rest to grow

From my experience and from reading up that is far too much.
It is a common mistake to think more is better - used to be the same myself and it took my a while to get my head around the fact that by sticking to compound exercises you could do slightly less and get better results.

Have a read of this http://www.muscletalk.co.uk/Frankie-NY39s-Mass-Building-Program-m8817.aspx

I made some excellent gains following that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back