How things change!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rade prica scored on debut as did flo so promising debuts aren't necessarily the be all and end all. The big picture says he was playing for a mid table French club last season which doesn't exactly inspire optimism. As I said it could end up a master stroke but in my opinion it's unlikely.

True. All of which underlines how unwise it is to to form immediate judgements based on minimal amouts of information and knowledge.

Really?

I think a large number of posters will be delighted to know that he's OK, particularly @Nemo who seemed to get along with him very well.

My recollections of Stubber are from when I "lurked" (before I joined) but I can remember his constant negativity being intermixed with some occasional humour - which would rule out @steve30000 as his new log in.

I used to enjoy a debate or two with Stubber before he disappeared. He was a miserable git,but a good sense of humour. I'm glad to know he's alive and kicking. Just got to work out his new persona now, and there's a canny few to choose from! :cry:

After the Norwich game we were in dire straits, short was having our pants down and dicks tactics were questionable. Fast forward a fortnight and two draws in which we were second best, the signing of a lad from a mid table French club and the return of Borini and all of a sudden there's talk of this being our best squad since we returned to the premier league and that we should secure our safety more comfortable than usual.
Are these signings really good enough to turn the season around or are the fans getting ahead of themselves again only to end up disappointed?
For what it's worth I think we'll just about sneak survival again but it's going to be another long hard slog.
the jury is out. We hope that things will be different this season from last but this is SAFC. Prepare for owt.

True. All of which underlines how unwise it is to to form immediate judgements based on minimal amouts of information and knowledge.
Exactly. That's I why I keep my powder dry rather than jumping in feet first. I'll form my opinions after seeing these lads a few times.

wait till you seem the new lads play a few before the mystic megs, you would win the lottery & moan about the order the balls came out.

He doesn't like to make comments or inferences on players before they've played though man - he likes to keep his powder dry.

Exactly. That's I why I keep my powder dry rather than jumping in feet first. I'll form my opinions after seeing these lads a few times.
If that's the case why start this thread if not for the reason of a "I told you so" thread if things go wrong? Us Sunderland fans in general haven't had a lot to be cheerful/positive about for a few seasons now so let them instead if trying to put a downer on it and trying to look intellectually superior

If that's the case why start this thread if not for the reason of a "I told you so" thread if things go wrong? Us Sunderland fans in general haven't had a lot to be cheerful/positive about for a few seasons now so let them instead if trying to put a downer on it and trying to look intellectually superior
It's because we have gone from absolute doom and gloom to hysteria in space of a fortnight based on not a great deal if I'm being honest.
Not about looking intellectually superior it's just yet in to look at things objectively.

Aye, best to keep to just slagging of the fans.
Yawn yawn yawn :rolleyes:

It's because we have gone from absolute doom and gloom to hysteria in space of a fortnight based on not a great deal if I'm being honest.
Not about looking intellectually superior it's just yet in to look at things objectively.
Of course it is! I don't usually comment on your posts but I've read a few of them you seem to revel in being contrary and the only reason I can see for it is to stroke your over inflated ego. So what if there's a positive mood all of a sudden? If it transfers to the stands on a Saturday it can only help the team

Of course it is! I don't usually comment on your posts but I've read a few of them you seem to revel in being contrary and the only reason I can see for it is to stroke your over inflated ego. So what if there's a positive mood all of a sudden? If it transfers to the stands on a Saturday it can only help the team
Yes and then when we start to struggle which we will for most part this season in my opinion it leads to frustration and people waiting to know why due to being initially unrealistic. Everyone has us down for a struggle this season, there's a reason for that. Going in with eyes wide open can only be good for all concerned.

Yes and then when we start to struggle which we will for most part this season in my opinion it leads to frustration and people waiting to know why due to being initially unrealistic. Everyone has us down for a struggle this season, there's a reason for that. Going in with eyes wide open can only be good for all concerned.
I'm not saying be totally blinkered and think we'll get into Europe but what's not to be positive about? I haven't missed a game yet this season and the difference between the two sides/games was huge. You say the jury is out on Ola Toivonen but there was a huge uplift in Dicks mood when we bought him in so the big question is do you trust in Dick? I do so if he says he's his man then that's good enough for me

I'm not saying be totally blinkered and think we'll get into Europe but what's not to be positive about? I haven't missed a game yet this season and the difference between the two sides/games was huge. You say the jury is out on Ola Toivonen but there was a huge uplift in Dicks mood when we bought him in so the big question is do you trust in Dick? I do so if he says he's his man then that's good enough for me
Dick has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but at this moment I adopt the logical train of thought which is he was playing for an ordinary side in an ordinary league the last couple of seasons so it's difficult to get too excited over him but that's not to say he can't do well.
Borini will do a job for us but I still think the reaction has been a bit OTT.

Dick has forgotten more about football than I'll ever know but at this moment I adopt the logical train of thought which is he was playing for an ordinary side in an ordinary league the last couple of seasons so it's difficult to get too excited over him but that's not to say he can't do well.
Borini will do a job for us but I still think the reaction has been a bit OTT.
It probably has but my original question to you was why dampen it? We have the majority of the media on our backs/taking the piss so let's have some positivity about the place for once

It probably has but my original question to you was why dampen it? We have the majority of the media on our backs/taking the piss so let's have some positivity about the place for once
The media pay no more attention to us than any other lower end premier league club man. Just because they predict us to go Down doesn't mean they are on our backs or taking the piss it's just an opinion and let's be honest not an unreasonable one. I think we'll just about have enough but I'm certainly not getting bent out of shape over certain members of media disagreeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back