How good was Henderson as a lad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not much help to the thread but I played against Michael carrick quite often and he was very good. Martin Taylor (broke eduardos leg) played for our rivals crammy juniors and he was absolutely unbelievable, was like a man playing with boys.

Taylor was the one who Wenger said should be banned from football for life in the immediate aftermath.

Granted it looked a shocker but was only fractionally late when you view it in real time.

Taylor was the one who Wenger said should be banned from football for life in the immediate aftermath.

Granted it looked a shocker but was only fractionally late when you view it in real time.
We were away to Portsmouth that weekend cause I remember being in a bar near the ground with my mate and it was a major talking point of the day. Was weird seeing someone I played against regularly suddenly turn into a big headline..

The lad is really a very average player. However he clearly brown noses and puts loads of effort in which in English terms means that the lad will get on in engish football no problem.

Good player, it still hurts me that he left, exactly the reason why we always struggle, selling your best players, supposedly one of us too
He would have probably amounted to the same as Colback - not very much. He was a raw talent who had to leave to make something of himself. He's rank average though as good/great players go. what they used to term a "workhorse".

About as good as he is now ie shite
The lad is really a very average player. However he clearly brown noses and puts loads of effort in which in English terms means that the lad will get on in engish football no problem.

Canny fishing

He's a very good player. Clearly not Pirlo, Kroos level. But a very good player

Canny fishing

He's a very good player. Clearly not Pirlo, Kroos level. But a very good player
Rank average. does nothing for England and very little for Liverpool. As I say he is what in old money was termed a "workhorse". However in this day and age with so few English players of any note that is quite enough to make him a multi millionaire.

Rank average. does nothing for England and very little for Liverpool. As I say he is what in old money was termed a "workhorse". However in this day and age with so few English players of any note that is quite enough to make him a multi millionaire.
He is much better than rank average

Limited in some areas of course. But a very good player

Very good mate of mine was in the academy from about 6 to 17 so grew up playing with him. Always said that, natural talent-wise, Henderson was pretty bang average. But from a young age he was first on the training pitch, first off, never tempted by late nights or when his schoolmates discovered drink etc. Basically completely devoted to pursuing the career - fair play to him.
First off? Lazy bastard

A mate of mine went to school with leadbitter and said as a kid you could see how immense he was. Unbelievable talent and technique. No one could get near him. I'd imagine Henderson as a better player than grant was unreal compared to your average school kid.

I was in the year below Leadbitter at school and couldn't disagree more, he was good like best player in the school, and a good lad too, but I never ever thought he would make it like, as there were other lads who were not a million miles from him.

We played against Aaron Lennon once in a tournament, jesus wept, I had never see anything like it, unbelievable.

Was in the year above me so never played alongside him but we watched their team a couple of times. He was never the 'standout' player in that team if I remember right but at that age if someone wasn't doing millions of stepovers and skinning everyone I didn't think much of them :lol:

He was probably fantastic at his style of play but I couldn't pick up on it when I was 14!

Didn't see Henderson as schoolboy player but saw him a few times for Sunderland reserves & always had thought Colback looked the better prospect. Not being a WUM, just my honest opinion.

Henderson has obviously made the greater progress since then though so credit to him for working so hard & improving his game.

Used to go to the reserves evert week, Colback and Waghorn were the stand out players, then Henderson and Meyler

Can't argue with what Henderson has done, he was immense last season, if he hadn't of got sent off in that game, they would of won the league, that's how well he was playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back