How good was Henderson as a lad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A mate of mine went to school with leadbitter and said as a kid you could see how immense he was. Unbelievable talent and technique. No one could get near him. I'd imagine Henderson as a better player than grant was unreal compared to your average school kid.

His PE teacher who has also done coaching at our and boro academies told me when he was 11 or 12 that he would make it in football as a pro

Not much help to the thread but I played against Michael carrick quite often and he was very good. Martin Taylor (broke eduardos leg) played for our rivals crammy juniors and he was absolutely unbelievable, was like a man playing with boys.

Look at me, look at me -

I coached him at Sunderland school boys when my team trained with the years above. He was very very good at regional level.

Not much help to the thread but I played against Michael carrick quite often and he was very good. Martin Taylor (broke eduardos leg) played for our rivals crammy juniors and he was absolutely unbelievable, was like a man playing with boys.

On a similar note, I played against Andy Carroll and he was class as well.

My mate played against Catts years ago and said he was absolutely tremendous. Not that we didn't already know that like ;)

Cousins mate played against Sterling not long back. Said he's the best player he's ever seen in the flesh.

In fact the lad was Callum Hope who uses to play for the academy

did anyone play school football against him?

Very good mate of mine was in the academy from about 6 to 17 so grew up playing with him. Always said that, natural talent-wise, Henderson was pretty bang average. But from a young age he was first on the training pitch, first off, never tempted by late nights or when his schoolmates discovered drink etc. Basically completely devoted to pursuing the career - fair play to him.

Didn't see Henderson as schoolboy player but saw him a few times for Sunderland reserves & always had thought Colback looked the better prospect. Not being a WUM, just my honest opinion.

Henderson has obviously made the greater progress since then though so credit to him for working so hard & improving his game.

Didn't see Henderson as schoolboy player but saw him a few times for Sunderland reserves & always had thought Colback looked the better prospect. Not being a WUM, just my honest opinion.

Henderson has obviously made the greater progress since then though so credit to him for working so hard & improving his game.
Loads said that when they were both coming through.

Loads said that when they were both coming through.
Aye I've heard that from a few people myself

A mate of mine went to school with leadbitter and said as a kid you could see how immense he was. Unbelievable talent and technique. No one could get near him. I'd imagine Henderson as a better player than grant was unreal compared to your average school kid.
Apparently at schoolboy level Leadbitter was better than Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back