How good are Leicester City FC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

They are on a good roll, good team spirit and have supplemented their momentum from the end of last season with some astute signings.

They have a thin squad and with the hectic Xmas period and inevitable injuries they will struggle to keep it up. See it season and after season and it is always the same story after January.

Plus Vardy has been ridiculously lucky with his goals. Won't get 12 for the season.

@Visiting Hammer

Care to revise that total now that he's hit 13 goals like? :rolleyes:

Only another 25 PL games to go. :lol:

They are on a good roll, good team spirit and have supplemented their momentum from the end of last season with some astute signings.

They have a thin squad and with the hectic Xmas period and inevitable injuries they will struggle to keep it up. See it season and after season and it is always the same story after January.

Plus Vardy has been ridiculously lucky with his goals. Won't get 12 for the season.
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

See them finishing about 7th

That's probably fair enough, I'm hoping we can sneak into fourth and get in the Champions League play off for a chance of going into the Champions League proper. :lol:@Mrjardine @rocky

Our next six games are Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea at home and Liverpool, Everton & Swansea away.

If we can come through that lot and still be top I'll be dreaming of winning the title. It's a great time to be a Leicester fan, better than the MON days when we won a couple of League Cups.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's probably fair enough, I'm hoping we can sneak into fourth and get in the Champions League play off for a chance of going into the Champions League proper. :lol:@Mrjardine @rocky

Our next six games are Man Utd, Man City & Chelsea at home and Liverpool, Everton & Swansea away.

If we can come through that lot and still be top I'll be dreaming of winning the title. It's a great time to be a Leicester fan, better than the MON days when we won a couple of League Cups.
Is any of this post tongue in cheek ? If so which bits ?

Would like to see a newcomer break into the top 4. Good luck to ya's

Would like to see a newcomer break into the top 4. Good luck to ya's

I know in all likelihood we'll be relegated again in the next decade but it would be great to see a side stick one all the big clubs that buy the title year in year out. Especially if was my beloved team with a £1m striker from the non league and a 400k buy from the French second division and a few rejects like Albrighton and Drinkwater and a journeyman like Morgan.

We'll probably fuck up in the next month but I look at a comparatively very poor quality PL and it has crossed my mind that the impossible could happen. Man Utd up next who don't look any better than us IMO and a Chelsea side who look washed up. I'm dreaming whilst I can.................:lol:

Been looking at their stats. I can find just one game in which they scraped any reward when they were significantly outshot by their opponents. This was a 1-1 draw at home to Spurs. They've also had a bit of an easy draw up till now. They might not finish top four but they are good enough to beat the average and worse teams. I'd predict not lower than 7th.

Been looking at their stats. I can find just one game in which they scraped any reward when they were significantly outshot by their opponents. This was a 1-1 draw at home to Spurs. They've also had a bit of an easy draw up till now. They might not finish top four but they are good enough to beat the average and worse teams. I'd predict not lower than 7th.

Back in August, any City fan reading a statement like that would have laughed at you - I predicted 12th, and all my mates were taking the piss out of me.

But now, we look at the results and think, "mmm well, what if..?" It's very odd, and something that I have never experienced in nearly 60 years of supporting Leicester. To be honest, at the moment I would love 7th, but if we are still in the top four at the beginning of January - we have an awful December - I think I'm going to regard it as something of a disappointment.

Mind, not as much of a disappointment as if we don't pick up another point and get f***ing relegated.

The type of football they play is relatively on the edge. I can't decide what is more robust to the inevitable confidence wobble a) a team solid at the back but still enough quality to get goals as well b) all out attack but concede alot as well.

I'm guessing a) would have more chance in a title race.

For that reason I think they will blow up at some point and finish 7th. Which would still be very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back