How did you react to Howard Wilkos appointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With glee or something much much different?

I remember thinking "eh" but then thought about it a bit and then someone told me Cotterill anarl and I was like "eh him anarl" didn't know what to think

Always remember my old man saying to me upon his appointment: getting rid of Reid was 1 step forward, getting him in is 3 steps back

I heard it from a friend of mine,and was convinced it was a wind up.I couldn't believe it when it turned out to be true.....Murray's 'dream team'-what an unmitigated disaster.

I had just boarded a plane heading for Aberdeen after a meeting, picked up the complimentary newspaper and let out an involuntary "Oh no!" in a muted, disappointed voice. The woman sat next to me was quite concerned and asked if it was bad news and I had to explain to her that yes, it was, but not in quite such a serious context as she obviously envisaged. In hindsight, her interpretation of the seriousness of the situation was probably more accurate than mine.

I read it on here (or was it FTMexec back then?) while at work. I just sat in disbelief staring at the screen. After a bit I left the office and spoke to another football fan (Derby) who just pissed himself laughing. I spent the rest of the day trying to convince myself that a former title winner acting more in a director of football role, bedding in the raw talent of the young Cotterill was a good idea. It did not take watching many games to realize that was just not true.

I was surprised and disappointed ..but then remember he had won the league at Leeds...i honestly think he wasn't given enough time. He only got to sign one player. To be honest, Mic Mac done even worse than him once he replaced him

I had just boarded a plane heading for Aberdeen after a meeting, picked up the complimentary newspaper and let out an involuntary "Oh no!" in a muted, disappointed voice. The woman sat next to me was quite concerned and asked if it was bad news and I had to explain to her that yes, it was, but not in quite such a serious context as she obviously envisaged. In hindsight, her interpretation of the seriousness of the situation was probably more accurate than mine.
:D :D

Remembered thinking Murray must have been f***ing daft to get rid of Reid for Sergeant Wilko. Especially after letting him bring in Flo and Stewart. Still think he would have kept us up that season.

Initially this, then I tried to talk myself into thinking it was a good appointment. I just couldn't do it.

so did i, but having a few college Acquaintances take the piss, who where man utd fans about him for weeks then for us to go on that run where we couldnt win a game, made me realise my first instint was right

With glee or something much much different?

I remember thinking "eh" but then thought about it a bit and then someone told me Cotterill anarl and I was like "eh him anarl" didn't know what to think

With Glee and merriment! Woohooooo! You see I was a teacher at the school where Fat Berb's daughter was being taught!! YES!!

I was surprised and disappointed ..but then remember he had won the league at Leeds...i honestly think he wasn't given enough time. He only got to sign one player. To be honest, Mic Mac done even worse than him once he replaced him

And yet Wilko remains a figure of ridicule (well he didn't do himself any favours with the geese films and custard comments) while plenty on here still think MicMac was a good manager for us and the answer we needed back then. He's just another f***ing chancer bouncing from failure to failure, picking up a nice salary and severance each time like a Wall Street banker. One of the glaringly obvious things that's wrong with the game right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back