How did you react to Howard Wilkos appointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I remember thinking the combination of him and Cotterill with all their fancy coaching qualifications was going to be immense. I was still convinced things were about to turn a corner just before he got sacked to be fair mind- always been stupidly optimistic it seems.

Looking back we should've just gave him the job on his own.
Maybe. It sounds like the two different styles hindered each other rather than complimented. And who knows if Cotterill had enough experience at the time, I imagine there were some big characters in the dressing room at that time.

Maybe. It sounds like the two different styles hindered each other rather than complimented. And who knows if Cotterill had enough experience at the time, I imagine there were some big characters in the dressing room at that time.
It certainly couldn't have been any worse mind

Was at a uni lecture at winter gdns, hung over as fuck. Suddenly started getting loads of texts about 9:30 saying them daft twats were taking over. Got me bag, walked out mid lecture in a strop snd f***ing power walked across the bridge to the ground intent on finding a club employee to abuse.
On arrival, 300 people were slready there with the same idea in mind. Stayed for anhour, arguing with some fat attention seeking twat who was adament that it was a good appointment before leaving. Bought a bottle of baileys (random)walked home and sat in me bedroom all day playing pro evo and getting pissed by meself

Maths teacher told me.

I told him to fuck off, and then shit myself when I realised what I'd said and expected a bollocking. He said 'it's fine, that's what I told the headteacher when he told me'

On paper it looked reasonable. Old head guiding a young energetic coach.

In reality Cotterill was Wilkinson's tea boy and the Sarge had gone full Colonel Kurtz.
This. A lot of people saying they knew right off it was a bad appointment, they must be geniuses. If they thought that was bad, where were they when Mick Buxton was appointed - all I can remember is resigned shrugs from most people.

Chuffed when it was announced as had my first bet on at 125/1 and managed to get quite a few on before they stopped taking bets. First couple of training sessions and lectures were very different and thought this guy knows what he is doing but cotterill is a knob who is full of himself. Despair when the players just decided they didn't like either of them and weren't going to bother.

Slightly different, but I can remember racing back to work at lunch time, to break the news to my mag colleagues that Joe Kinnear was their new manager.

To a man they all said Joe 'f***ing' Kinnear, don't be f***ing stupid man :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Thought it was a shrewd appointment TBH, especially with Cotterill.

Garbage would have been a better adjective.

If you believe the posts on this thread you'd think every Sunderland fan was up in arms.

In ten years everyone will be claiming they didn't want PDC or MON.

If you believe the posts on this thread you'd think every Sunderland fan was up in arms.

Every one i know was,i wanted MON but didn't want PDC.

I thought it might work - Wilkinson as an advisor with Cotterill as the manager, problem was that wasn't Wilkinsons plan.

Every one i know was,i wanted MON but didn't want PDC.

For what its worth I didn't want MON felt he'd been out of football too long and had turned us down a couple of years earlier. I did think PDC was something we needed after MON sadly he was too much of hwht we needed and the recruitment didn't go the way it was planned.

I was gutted, a truly horrendous appointment. It was so bad that I ended up convinced it was in fact a genius appointment and the pair of them would lead us to great things.

I was sectioned shortly after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back