How did you react to Howard Wilkos appointment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the walrus

With glee or something much much different?

I remember thinking "eh" but then thought about it a bit and then someone told me Cotterill anarl and I was like "eh him anarl" didn't know what to think

with shock and horror, in the studio union at college

We'd been firing names about at work and i mentioned him in jest, one of the lads reckoned it was a canny shout as he wasn't happy in his FA role, i was mortified when he got it, i wasn't too unhappy about Cotterill as at the time he was been touted as the next good young manager, without a doubt the most depressing time of my 40 years supporting the lads.

I was bewildered and remember my dad saying "Cotterill has all the badges and is an up and coming manager"

Dark days.
Aye that was trotted out loads about cotterill "he's got all the FIFA badges and licences, writes everything down on his note pad" he was f***ing clueless

Mind looking back he just seemed like Wilkinsons bitch scribbling away and hoying the odd comment in his lugs, i'd blame Wilkinson more than him as he's the most devoid of a personality boring bastard i can remember in football.

I have to admit I was cautiously optimistic. Can't remember which other has beens and no hopers like McCarthy were being bandied about and I thought 'well, the last Englishman to win the top league, must have something, plus up and coming assistant ...'

Happy to admit how wrong I was, but knew McCarthy wasn't going to be the answer either and loads on here thought he would be our saviour and messiah.

Won a shitload a money as I knew somebody who was in the know and gave me a heads up first thing in the morning, got 6/1. I was blindly optimistic about all things Sunderland back then.

After the way the previous season had gone and then the pre-season shenanigans with Reid getting swilled, skilbane giving the fans the V's and then the start to the season we had - the whole club needed a lift.

What we got was the sarge.

I think demoralised is the word that sums the feelings up best

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back