High winds forecast for Heathrow this afternoon

Fridays flight Manchester to Tenerife was , let’s say , interesting. Pilot told us there were severe headwinds en route - he wasn’t wrong !

Only settled down on descent to Tenerife - gave me time to collect my fillings from the cabin floor …………

Fridays flight Manchester to Tenerife was , let’s say , interesting. Pilot told us there were severe headwinds en route - he wasn’t wrong !

Only settled down on descent to Tenerife - gave me time to collect my fillings from the cabin floor …………
I benefitted from the tail winds back from Lisbon-early Saturday morning- 40 minutes under schedule

My daughter and granddaughter were flying Newcastle-Heathrow-Tokyo yesterday (6th).

The 10.05 from Newcastle was delayed due to high winds then technical fault. Took off at 12.50!

Luckily their flight to Tokyo was at 19.20 so they were okay, but many on the Newcastle flight were saying they’d missed their onward connection to their destination.

Heathrow was jammed full of stressed passengers apparently.

The girls were lucky and also got upgraded to Premium Economy by Japan Air, nice bonusđź‘Ť

My daughter and granddaughter were flying Newcastle-Heathrow-Tokyo yesterday (6th).

The 10.05 from Newcastle was delayed due to high winds then technical fault. Took off at 12.50!

Luckily their flight to Tokyo was at 19.20 so they were okay, but many on the Newcastle flight were saying they’d missed their onward connection to their destination.

Heathrow was jammed full of stressed passengers apparently.

The girls were lucky and also got upgraded to Premium Economy by Japan Air, nice bonusđź‘Ť
JAL’s premium economy cabin is supposed to be one of the best cabins on offer from all the long haul flight operators with their seat pitch and width being one of the most generous available. My mate flew on PE with them recently and he said it was excellent and he got lounge access which is not generally available with other airlines

I’m sure the upgrade made the long fligh to Tokyo all the more enjoyable. 👍

Been reet gusty. Drove the motorhome over the A66 yesterday and was getting battered all over. Big blustery walk around Derwent water today. Then back over A69 wasn't too bad.

JAL’s premium economy cabin is supposed to be one of the best cabins on offer from all the long haul flight operators with their seat pitch and width being one of the most generous available. My mate flew on PE with them recently and he said it was excellent and he got lounge access which is not generally available with other airlines

I’m sure the upgrade made the long fligh to Tokyo all the more enjoyable. 👍
Yes, they were happy, thank you.

We took them to Tokyo 4 years ago. We did Premium Economy , BA going out and Japan Air coming back.

Chalk and cheese! The usual po faced BA stewardesses with their superior attitude, whereas the Japanese staff were courteous and polite….. and cute 🥰

The seat pitches are different too.

BA were 38” pitch and 18.5” width. JAL were 42” and 19”

Even economy seats were way better with JAL 34” and 19” as against BA at 31” and 18.5”

That’s why we wanted the girls to go via JAL on both flights.

Yes, they were happy, thank you.

We took them to Tokyo 4 years ago. We did Premium Economy , BA going out and Japan Air coming back.

Chalk and cheese! The usual po faced BA stewardesses with their superior attitude, whereas the Japanese staff were courteous and polite….. and cute 🥰

The seat pitches are different too.

BA were 38” pitch and 18.5” width. JAL were 42” and 19”

Even economy seats were way better with JAL 34” and 19” as against BA at 31” and 18.5”

That’s why we wanted the girls to go via JAL on both flights.
Totally agree with your comments on BA and find their older cabin crew to have that superior attitude, especially on long haul flights and it can be almost like they are doing you a favour at times.

Unfortunately, all my business travel is a mix between USA and Europe, so its predominantly with BA and get no opportunity to use the likes of JAL or any of the Middle Eastern carriers who provide a much better product and service.

Back