Have we actually seen enough of Billy Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
To make a definitive assessment on his ability, or lack thereof?

At the start of last season, of the two of them, PVA was probably the worse of our fullbacks and yet everyone seems perfectly happy with him now.

Kaboul was useless and a liability at the start of the season, too.

Even Kirchhoff was the worst player we'd ever signed after 22 minutes, or so.

The three aforementioned got a decent run in the side when it was full of confidence, towards the end of the season. Jones wasn't afforded that luxury so we can't possibly know how he would have reacted to playing as part of an organised defense.

The SMB, it seems, has decided, though.

Me? I'd like to see the lad at least have a few consecutive games in pre season before dismissing him.

Bily Jones last league game for us he was falling over the ball for liverpools second goal

To make a definitive assessment on his ability, or lack thereof?

At the start of last season, of the two of them, PVA was probably the worse of our fullbacks and yet everyone seems perfectly happy with him now.

Kaboul was useless and a liability at the start of the season, too.

Even Kirchhoff was the worst player we'd ever signed after 22 minutes, or so.

The three aforementioned got a decent run in the side when it was full of confidence, towards the end of the season. Jones wasn't afforded that luxury so we can't possibly know how he would have reacted to playing as part of an organised defense.

The SMB, it seems, has decided, though.

Me? I'd like to see the lad at least have a few consecutive games in pre season before dismissing him.

Not guilty

In answer to your question yes we have

Right back is the first position we have to fill, Sam managed to sort out PVA but not Jones. Moyes got Coleman for a song and turned Baines into the best left back in the league for a while so I have no worries there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back