Hark now hear, the geordies sing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gipetto

Striker
The mackems/Sunderland ran away?

What's that all about then? They always chant it, we chant the same and pretty much every team around the country sing the same about their rivals.

I ask then, why was everyone around the country running away on New Years day?

Anyone?

What's that all about then? They always chant it, we chant the same and pretty much every team around the country sing the same about their rivals.

Anyone?

I always thought it was Boxing Day.

Or a meringue?

Anyone?

Wasn't it new years day when beardsley scored that hattrick? I thought it originated from there.

I always thought it was Boxing Day.

Or a meringue?

Everyone sings New Years day mate. But I've heard our lot sing it and I've also heard lots of other clubs around the country singing it about their rivals.

As for the mags, they sing it all the time. Not surprising really considering it's probably off about 30 years ago, none of them can relate to it and well, it's a shite, unoriginal song.

Anyone?

The song/chant was originally sung by Owls supporters when they beat the Blades 4-0 boxing day 1979 in the old 3rd division , 49,000 there that day a record crowd for that league never to be broken.

The first time Sunderland fans sang that song was in the away end after a 3-1 defeat at Newcastle on New Years Day 1980.

I wouldn't dare sing a Boney f***ing M song like, they'll be singing Ben Arfa to the tune of Ma Baker next :roll:

He knew how to dive

It's always New Year's Day or Boxing Day for all the songs because derbies were traditionally played on these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back