Gyan off to China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the comments on Gyan are cringeworthy as fuck like.

Why do people always assume that it's every footballers dream to play in the premier league with a side that fights relegation ever season?

"He could have been a local hero" :oops:

Such a shame he's pissed away his talent by playing in these shit leagues. He could have been a star if he stayed in Europe.

Still, he's f***ing minted.

That game he played for Ghana v England at Wembley. Christ, he was excellent. The twat.

His background and childhood was so different to ours, that I think he would be genuinely shocked and confused to find out some people hate him for leaving for more money :lol:

Quinny told an excellent tale about Gyan. Just before he signed apparently there was Gyan and a few of his hangers on. Gyan asked for 5 minutes to make a phone call so the Sunderland entourage left the room worried that he was going to back down when they heard all this cheering and singing. Gyan had rung his family to tell them he was signing and they were all going crackers over the phone, singing his name etc. The move to Sunderland (even though he was possibly fairly rich from his time in France) looked like it made a significant difference to him and his family. They'll all be in Bentleys now.. The car, not the club.

Last edited:
Some of the comments on Gyan are cringeworthy as fuck like.

Why do people always assume that it's every footballers dream to play in the premier league with a side that fights relegation ever season?

"He could have been a local hero" :oops:

It was the how that left a bad taste for me and the timing of it, I do think from the outside Bruce gave in on that one and should have stood firm with the board and the player to at least give him a chance to replace.

It was the how that left a bad taste for me and the timing of it, I do think from the outside Bruce gave in on that one and should have stood firm with the board and the player to at least give him a chance to replace.

Absolutely agree. But I do think it's entirely the clubs fault. They chose to loan him out - it's as simple as that.

Absolutely agree. But I do think it's entirely the clubs fault. They chose to loan him out - it's as simple as that.

Yep, I agree with that. I think Quinn alluded to that about Bruce not having a relationship with Short and not standing up for himself, particularly with that one.

Don't blame him one iota for taking an alleged £200,000/week tax free wage. I do blame him for leaving us with a striker outside a transfer window though, but that could easily have been poor management on our part.

It was Steve Bruce as manager FFS.

I am so glad Hull went down if only because he was managing them.

Always get annoyed when I see/hear his name as I was so pleased when we signed him. I honestly thought he would really take us to good times! I remember down Wigan (I think) when Henderson put that peach of a cross and he scored. Class! I completely understand why he left (£££) but it hurts as he didn't give us enoguh time to find a replacement.

You don't think he wanted one of his best players to leave for next to nothing, do you?

No I don't, but to lose a player like Gyan after the domestic window closed, and to lose Darren Bent during the previous January window and not look to replace him knowing he was looking to go shows why the club had to part with Bruce.

No I don't, but to lose a player like Gyan after the domestic window closed, and to lose Darren Bent during the previous January window and not look to replace him knowing he was looking to go shows why the club had to part with Bruce.
I don't think any of us know whether Bruce or anyone knew that he was going to leave outside the window. Or even if he wanted to leave at all.

Our best ever player, just look fondly of the time he shared with us.

Always get annoyed when I see/hear his name as I was so pleased when we signed him. I honestly thought he would really take us to good times! I remember down Wigan (I think) when Henderson put that peach of a cross and he scored. Class! I completely understand why he left (£££) but it hurts as he didn't give us enoguh time to find a replacement.

Enough? He gave us NO opportunity as he left AFTER our transfer window

You can dance and do parties and that sort of stuff in China now, probably drink a bottle of booze walking down the street too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back