Gyan off to China

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t necessarily blame him for that… and if he’d just said that a few weeks earlier, I wouldn’t really have much of a problem with him.
But his head was obviously turned and he pretty much downed tools from what I gather, at a time when we couldn’t replace him.
That’s why I will always have an issue with him.
Most of us probably feel the same

Gyan is perhaps the worst example of the change in football over the past 15/20 years. Lost that desire for success and trophies and instead worrying about bank balances.

Short career, but doubt he'll be the type to have regrets.

in general, all African players are it for the money. id say 80% of them come from very poor familes and just want to make enough to set them up for whoever they play for, the loyalty is just isn't there

in general, all African players are it for the money. id say 80% of them come from very poor familes and just want to make enough to set them up for whoever they play for, the loyalty is just isn't there
How is this different from non African players?
Like Darren Bent as an obvious example.
The degree of poverty is subjective but I don't know how many of today's stars came up stinking rich.

His background and childhood was so different to ours, that I think he would be genuinely shocked and confused to find out some people hate him for leaving for more money :lol:
Would you feel shocked if any other professional took a higher paying job?
What is it about footballers that they are supposed to act differently to the rest of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back