Guy mowbray makes a good point

Status
Not open for further replies.

No goals mean a long season.

Very simple. we NEED a goalscorer.

Think we do have issues up front. Fletch off the boil for whatever reason. Connor a yard off the pace yesterday and not seeing passes, no anticipation. Jozy showing all the commitment in the world but no end product. Leaves us with what?

Think we do have issues up front. Fletch off the boil for whatever reason. Connor a yard off the pace yesterday and not seeing passes, no anticipation. Jozy showing all the commitment in the world but no end product. Leaves us with what?

A problem. :(

Unfortunately, Danny Graham :confused:

but other teams lacking goals also means it doesnt affect us as much. Our biggest problem is creating actual chances rather than scoring them.

I disagree, we have not got a single player who is proven to score from scrappy half chances, you are saying we don't create enough, how many times this season have we put the ball into the box, had the ball in and around the six yard box, or had clearances in the oppostion area?

We have made chances, our conversion rate is poor, we have no threat, we need a poacher, or 2.

What's pre season for? Granted you may have a late signing but, they should be at it from the first game of the season. To me it's akin to saying the seasons five games old and the teams aren't match fit yet.

I disagree, we have not got a single player who is proven to score from scrappy half chances, you are saying we don't create enough, how many times this season have we put the ball into the box, had the ball in and around the six yard box, or had clearances in the oppostion area?

We have made chances, our conversion rate is poor, we have no threat, we need a poacher, or 2.
I agree. But think we could do with pace out wide more than anything. We simply can't stretch teams, meaning the striker never gets gaps to run into and is constantly outnumbered.

We are so slow and static it's a joke.

I agree. But think we could do with pace out wide more than anything. We simply can't stretch teams, meaning the striker never gets gaps to run into and is constantly outnumbered.

I agree with that, we have been slow for a good while, and we have lacked teeth for a good while.

We have looked like a decent outfit in the past by using pacy wingers, and a couple of talented front men (even one if gus likes 1 up top would do), but we seem afraid to keep it simple.

I love to see passing football, but we have to know when to speed it up, and get some danger in the 6 yard box, it really is not complex, very few defenders are good if they are turned, we make it easy for teams, gus is supposed to be tactically astute.

He wants to talk to peter reid.

Pace should of been a priority in the summer but that general costs more than we are willing to spend

Compared to last season, we have a better defence and midfield group. The strikers are worse. Gus must be kicking himself. He is now hoping one of our lot comes good or its a Christmas addition, probably need both. We need ten wins and ten draws.

Surely you can only really apply that point to teams who have had widespread changes in terms of their starting line ups and/or the way they play.

I wouldn't particularly think we fall into either category.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back