Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by murrayout, May 3, 2011.
To have been here 3 transfer windows and we still don't have a recognised left back
Kieran Richardson can play well there.
Phil Bardsley has had his best seen and one of our best playing there.
Just because they play elsewhere shouldnt have any affect on if they play well at lb? If having a left foot and playing there for the majority of your carear is important, I guess we still have Mccartney.
Every place we lose in the Prem is another £500k loss
have you ever played football manager, Gareth Bale is the only good option........:roll:
Agree in this one. Bardsley has had a cracking season, however he constantly cuts in on his right foot. Just because he has been playing well there does nt mean he should stay there. Shift him to right back. Richardson was touted by Bruce as England's next left back..well if you rate him so highly there fucking play him there.
We can't defend especially considering the defenders Bruce has signed
I thought it was more £850k?
His loyalty to a team that did well the previous week (cast your minds back) is my main one with him.
We'll not recognise the one he signs from the Nicaraguan outback either,
If he's so good at left back then play him there and find another option in midfield such as Riveros or Colback who you've been bleating on about.
Aye, that's true he did.
He talks too much.
In fact I'm sick of hearing his posh Geordie fucking voice.
Not sure but I took my figures from an opinion piece this morning
Either way its a loss of money we don't need
Oh well remembered, yes he did
Another one to add is his ommision we don't practice set pieces and the newest one courtesy of Onohua which is that he didn't practice shooting with him before using him as a striker
Is Richardson not injured?
Bardsley has been playing decent at LB, most fans were raving about him there.
You also have to remember Richardson played off the striker for a few games when Bent fucked off and played a few blinders scoring for fun. I'd love to see people on here had Bruce then moved him to LB :roll:
His inability to sign players for positions that need to be filled despite having 4 transfer windows to rectify the problem.
Selling players before there is a replacement in place (Collins & Reid particularly - I'm not incuding Bent)
His inability to pick a balanced side & playing players out of position.
His constant whining
Not sure how accurate this.
Bruce's Richardson comment and then what he has done with this season
When he makes a sub, just take someone off and put somebody else in the same position. Dont move every f*cker else about too!
Someone posted a cracking fact on here the other day that only 5 players finished in the same position they started in the Fulham game
Steve you're a 50 year old bloke and a fat one at that. Don't wear a tracksuit.
Aye, think i read that but thought they said it was 3! Either its stupid on Bruces part.
There's a few things mentioned on this thread that he'd be criticised either way for.
If he made like for like changes, he'd be accused of not having a plan b. If he did play Richardson at left back, he'd be accused of wasting rare attacking talent.
The things I think he can be justifiably criticised for are as follows:
- Lack of preparation in training. It's been admitted in the press FFS that Gyan and Bent didn't train on the same side, and we don't practise defending set pieces.
- Injuries. He's the manager, the medical staff are appointed by him. We seem to rush people back, only for them to break down days later.
- Too many loan players. He may bemoan not getting a settled side, having to rebuild, but he's the instigator. Welbeck was a decent loan signing, no more no less. he was a disaster until November. IMO we'd have been better buying our own youngster and developing him for ourselves - not for another club. Any loan player we bring in should be an established player - i.e (although it hasn't worked out) Muntari - not a Welbeck/Onouha who, while they may turn out to be good players, aren't much better, or any better, than anything else we have.
- Stop talking shite in the press. The players hear your excuses. That gives them an excuse. Whether or not he believes the injuries are costing us, the line should be a positive one. 'That's why we've got a big squad', 'It's good, it gives some of our younger players the chance to prove they're up to playing at this level.' Instead, he's bleating on about injuries, giving other players ready made excuses, giving the players coming in no confidence because it's apparent the belief isn't there.
- not getting a short term replacement for Bent. Banking on two seriously injured players getting fit and staying fit, and hitting top form on their return, was fucking mental.
Separate names with a comma.