Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

As much of a cunt as Chopra is, he played a pretty big role in keeping us up in 2007-08 so he can't really go down as a waste of money IMO whereas McCartney was useless pretty much every time he played in his 2nd spell here.

He couldn't even run in his 2nd spell. He looked like he wanted to be here about as much as Alan Stubbs did when he played :))) for us

He was shite here, keanos biggest waste of money and that's saying something .
He was brilliant for the most part. A bit shakey when he first came, though not as shakey as de gea at united. Had a couple of bad games, like all players do. De Gea cost double the price. Man United fans call him the best keeper in the world.

Our fans keep shaking their heads and mumbling "nine million pounds" unable to see past the price tag.

C
I've been a celtic fan all my life. It's my dads team.

Just he went along to sunderland games from 1970 onwards(was at wembley in 73). So I've been brought up to support both.

Celtic are still his team, and sunderland are my mine. Some bloke on the SMB ain't going to stop me calling celtic us.
Celtic "us" ffs man

Now or for SAFC?

If it is the latter then it isn't even close, Gordon was a much better keeper than Pants

Both. Pantillimon, (kicking aside at the start of the season) has not made one mistake and has overall a better game than Gordon especially at crosses.

Just like when mannone was better than de gea last season?

Never rated mannone always looked to have a mistake in him.

playing great against Inter. I know scottish league is a joke but you don't get much better than playing a blinder at the San Siro. Shame we didn't keep him around on a pay per play contract - looks back to being a good keeper.
You mean pay per view dont you:)

Agreed. I like Pantilimon and think he's a decent keeper but don't think he's anywhere near as good as Gordon was from August 2009-February 2011.

I think Pants is an average PL keeper, as is Mannone although not as good as Pants. Gordon and Mignolet were good PL keepers with Gordon being a bit better

Hugely disappointed when he didn't quite cut it here.

I still say he's the best keeper i've seen for us (when fit and 100%) it's just a shame we barely saw it in 5 years.

His athleticism for a big fella used to astound me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back