Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was like a rabbit in the headlights playing for us. Very, very average keeper. 9 f***ing million. Wow.

Through all of your different usernames you have always been a dangerous mix of being clueless but having absolute confidence in the view you put forward. Its much easier when someone is more accepting of their lack of knowledge and simply know their place.

Us ? Ffs another so called celtic fan
I've been a celtic fan all my life. It's my dads team.

Just he went along to sunderland games from 1970 onwards(was at wembley in 73). So I've been brought up to support both.

Celtic are still his team, and sunderland are my mine. Some bloke on the SMB ain't going to stop me calling celtic us.

Last edited:
Through all of your different usernames you have always been a dangerous mix of being clueless but having absolute confidence in the view you put forward. Its much easier when someone is more accepting of their lack of knowledge and simply know their place.
The only one lacking knowledge is your good self. How arrogant to call someone and belittle them for having a different view to yourself.

Let's be clear you know no more about football than anyone else on here.

Nothing special about your views or your knowledge of football.

Bad signing though. 9 million wow really and he was made of glass.
Clearly this. In 40 odd years of watching SAFC he is undoubtedly one of the most average keepers I've seen line up for us.

....??

Boulder
Hesford (RIP)
McDonough
Perez
Ingham
Davies

...and that's only in 35 years :lol:
He said "average" not "shite" (or "beyond shite" in the case of McDonagh, Inghan and Davis), not that I agree with him of course.

Gordon was a good keeper for us, just injury prone (which was never the case at Hearts so Keane can't be blamed for that) and so many of our fans couldn't see past the price tag - they expected him to save every opposition shot and chip in with a few goals himself for £9M.

Plus, the week leading up to his signing for us is the only time I've ever been an ITK (don't think I posted on here at the time though)!

he wasnt shite like

i admit i expected more, after watching his highlights vids and such like, i found that he rarely made glaring errors, but didnt seem to save that many shots, but the goals werent really his fault...was that spell under bruce where he really shone, looked more confidence and won us a lot of points, then he got crocked.

Can totally see why we went for him, as 9M for what could still have been out number 1 today if injuries hadnt intervened , would have been fine

we have got lucky that mig, vito and pants have done well for bargain prices so we have been spoiled- remember that when we signed gordon our last prem keeper had been Kelvin, so you can understand keanos thinking in filling a key position well.

He looks good making point blank saves from crosses.........because he never comes out for the fuckers in the first place :lol:
You've obviously not watched him much this season he's been absolutely unreal at commanding his area. People rave about pants ability to this Gordon has been better.

Everyone on here who doesn't rate Gordon does so due to him costing 9 mil and a game against Stoke where every goal was illegally scored.

His injuries were down to severe mismanagement by that wanker Bruce. Who sacked the chief physio after Steve rushed back Gordon when the physio told him not to.

Chopra? Did we not pay 5 for him?

We all hate Chopra, but we would have went down BOTH seasons he was here if not for his goals- he always worked hard usually out of position on right wing, and scored vital goals

2nd season he was out of favour, but got the goals in 2-0 win over boro, which kept us up above them.

I really liked Gordon, if he could have stayed fit I would have no problem with him still being our keeper. The best one we have had since we came back up although I did like Mignolet as well

Glad to see him playing again, hope he has a fair few years left in him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back