Good luck Boro'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yorkshire isn't the north east, it is as simple as that.
Like i said , more about opinions than rules that suit.
You could say that the TRUE North-east of England is the East coastal region from the England/Scotland border down to the Tyne.
Northumberland is the northern-most county in England , so the easten part of that is the North-east , maybe.

Like i said , more about opinions than rules that suit.
You could say that the TRUE North-east of England is the East coastal region from the England/Scotland border down to the Tyne.
Northumberland is the northern-most county in England , so the easten part of that is the North-east , maybe.

Ask 99% of people outside Boro, Yorkshire is not the north east, keep trying to kid yourself if you like but your reap derby next season may very well be Hull City.

FAO the 24,000 extra fans turning up, Boro play in Red.

November 2nd 1991 . S'land v Watford .12,790
November 17th 1991 . S'land v Newcastle . 29,224.

Wonder if the 17,000 extra fans that turned up knew WHICH Geordie side to shout for??

Clutching at straws. The Watford game kicked off at about 6 in the morning due to the rugby world cup final. Well researched though. When you've reached the 1930s you'll see that we got our record high & record low crowd in the same season.

Ask 99% of people outside Boro, Yorkshire is not the north east, keep trying to kid yourself if you like but your reap derby next season may very well be Hull City.

I honestly don't care about made up boundaries or who is or isnt in the "north east" , just saying that if you look at a map of England then i tend to disagree with you.
On your second point : you (and quite a few others) seem to be of the opinion that "having a derby" is some sort of weird status symbol.
It means absolutely nothing.

Of course it is you knacker. Its in the north of the country and towards the east coast. It is absolutely indisputable that Middlesbrough is in the North East of England. You would have to be simple to think otherwise.

When we play them next season it will be referred to as a derby match by everyone other than a handful of Sunderland supporter who don't see them as rivals cos they are insignificant and that.

Of course it is you knacker. Its in the north of the country and towards the east coast. It is absolutely indisputable that Middlesbrough is in the North East of England. You would have to be simple to think otherwise.

When we play them next season it will be referred to as a derby match by everyone other than a handful of Sunderland supporter who don't see them as rivals cos they are insignificant and that.

Boro is in Yorkshire end of

North of the tees North East south of the Tees Yorkshire

Again....if Middlesbrough isn't in the north east then neither is Darlo...according to every map I've ever looked at.
It's this weird "denial" thing that some of your fans seem to have.
Like , your fans seem reluctant to admit that a Sunderland/Boro match means anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back