Good article by @burchmackem

Status
Not open for further replies.

You truly are one of us now, disappointment is par for the course, has your lass had a go at you for moaning about it yet? if the answer is yes then you've definitely made it!

The answer is a resounding yes.

My understanding is that some of the players stopped to sign and take photos after the match before boarding their bus back to SF. Wish I'd known where that was happening... :-(

If there were only 200 or so then the players should have gone over and mingled with them. Talked to them, signed autographs.

Would have took half an hour. Sometimes I do wonder why we bother.

It's not like we were hidden. FFS, we had so many flags up.

The answer is a resounding yes.

My understanding is that some of the players stopped to sign and take autographs after the match before boarding their bus back to SF. Wish I'd known that where that was happening... :-(

It's not like we were hidden. FFS, we had so many flags up.
You should have played the 'do you know who I am' (Hollywood edition) card, you could have blagged some V.I.P seats and signed some autographs FOR our players! :lol:

Excellent article @burchmackem - shame about the players at the end - what you need is a good Darren Williams!!

Hopefully didn't ruin the experience that much - still you are one of us now - a great day out spoilt by the 90 minutes on the pitch!!

If there were only 200 or so then the players should have gone over and mingled with them. Talked to them, signed autographs.

Would have took half an hour. Sometimes I do wonder why we bother.
Come on man. This was only a friendly and fitness is the most important thing. To raise an arm or wave to supporters would add to fatigue. I for one don't care about salutes to supporters during meaningless friendlies. The start of the season is when we should judge player and fan rapport.

Excellent article. It's just a shame it ended the way it did. Sadly I can't say I'm surprised at the players not acknowledging the lads and lasses that travelled huge distances to watch them. It's not unusual for them to slink off like that. They deserve a major reaming for this kind of thing. I find it hugely disrespectful for them not to acknowledge people who make a big effort to show up to watch them, particularly in cases like this with the distances involved. But they do it week in and week out over here to people that travel the length and breadth of the country. The following these players get has been an ongoing success at this club for generations, it's about time players realised this and had the common decency to give credit where it's due.

The whole point of trips like this is to try and increase awareness of the "brand" and increase the support and get new fans interested in SAFC.

This behaviour is just bang out of order. How dare they treat the fans like that.

It will be costing people thousands to go over there. The least the players could do is show their appreciation. Just because it would be aboout a days wage to them fuckers. I really hope this gets passed on to the club and they should be ashamed.

It will be costing people thousands to go over there. The least the players could do is show their appreciation. Just because it would be aboout a days wage to them fuckers. I really hope this gets passed on to the club and they should be ashamed.

I'm due an email on what games the company are taking corporate packages on I'm happy to pass any email on from @burchmackem !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back