Going out for xmas dinner on your todd

Status
Not open for further replies.

He was a definite Guy ,no point having words and not using them
'Guy' is acceptable in the right context. But usually it's a word used by wanker team leaders trying to gee-up the team by shouting "Hey guys..." before they come out with some wank team building shite exercise.

'Guy' is acceptable in the right context. But usually it's a word used by wanker team leaders trying to gee-up the team by shouting "Hey guys..." before they come out with some wank team building shite exercise.
I don't live in that world.A lad at work has an awful habit of morphing someone he's been in contact with as far as patter .He was calling everyone Mister ,hey mister ,no problem mister ,now it's fkn Buddy !

Never used to bother me being alone all year,but Christmas it did. does my head in all the driving I have to do Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day, but nothing compared to the hurt I used to feel when I was by myself,even though I knew I'd be going to my mams for dinner or dad's. the waking and opening present by yourself was the worst. I know it's not strictly what the op asked but that's my opinion, sacrifice now because it could be worse in the long run

fuck me that is depressing reading that like.

We go to the in-laws every Christmas for dinner but I'm seriously considering staying at home this year. We're not even asked anymore if we're coming, we're just expected. Fuck that. If I do decide not to go, I'll probably look like an odd fuck but I couldn't care less. A friend of mine has just split from his wife & barely gets to see his kids, so I'm sure he'll be glad of some company on Christmas day.

Tough one.

I've actually had the same thoughts myself to be honest. The other half (no) has invited both sets of parents around ours. Can I fuck be arsed with the awful shit craic and small talk.

Would you look a tit ? can't face dinner with the in-laws , would I look a twat if I looked after
Mesell and binned them off ?
Don't post abusive replies , thank you
Looking at your avatar, i take it you have young kids? You wouldn't seriously go and eat elsewhere on your own, away from your kids on Christmas day would you? I get it if someone has split up etc, but you mention in laws, so i take it you're still together.
That's an odd thought to do marra. Going down the pub for a couple of pints to get out for a an hour or 2 i get. Not to stop out and eat dinner elsewhere.

Anyone who does his obviously needs monitored by the authorities and placed on some sort of neighbourhood watch program

Never used to bother me being alone all year,but Christmas it did. does my head in all the driving I have to do Christmas eve, Christmas day and boxing day, but nothing compared to the hurt I used to feel when I was by myself,even though I knew I'd be going to my mams for dinner or dad's. the waking and opening present by yourself was the worst. I know it's not strictly what the op asked but that's my opinion, sacrifice now because it could be worse in the long run

Only remember one Christmas on my own and it was the pits.

Christmas is a family day,could not imagine anything else,I am sure for one day people can put up with all their family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back