Glasgow Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last thing we need is that bunch of drunken cretins invading the SOL.

Remember when they came down in 1965 to vilify Baxter. A mountain of empties the next day..fuck knows what would have happened it we hadn't let them win 5-0

:lol::lol: they could all have served double life sentences and be back out now ready to create another large artistic display of McEwans Export cans.

Point of order.. Is it Glasgow Celtic or just Celtic?

OP just trying to help, he heard someone say 'Glasgow' Rangers once to avoid confusion with QPR (easy done) and as it is a football forum thought he would add the 'Glasgow' as you could well have thought it was some US basketball team he was obviously referring to rather than football.

Correction

Kris Commons came from the Championship and has proven himself in Europe and at international level.

By your logic no players from weaker leagues outside of the premiership could ever possibly be a top player in the league if they got a move to it?

Why would Celtic play in Northern Ireland.....

No, by my logic, top players don't get to 31 and never play at any kind of decent domestic level. Every player capable of playing at a better standard, leaves Celtic. Wanyama, Ki, Samaras etc - Hooper was f***ing Pele in the SPL and barely made an impact at Norwich, and is now back in the Championship where he came from.

The fact that in your opinion, he's had some good games in 1-off matches for Scotland or in Europe is not enough. |David Healy was incredible for Northern Ireland, and in reality he was a Championship striker. Scott McDonald has scored big CL goals for Celtic, couldn't get a game at Middlesboro, Hooper is a similar story.

No, by my logic, top players don't get to 31 and never play at any kind of decent domestic level. Every player capable of playing at a better standard, leaves Celtic. Wanyama, Ki, Samaras etc - Hooper was f***ing Pele in the SPL and barely made an impact at Norwich, and is now back in the Championship where he came from.

The fact that in your opinion, he's had some good games in 1-off matches for Scotland or in Europe is not enough. |David Healy was incredible for Northern Ireland, and in reality he was a Championship striker. Scott McDonald has scored big CL goals for Celtic, couldn't get a game at Middlesboro, Hooper is a similar story.

If you read my post, I clearly stated "if" they got a move to it (it being the PL) which backs up my point.

I never said Commons was a top player either for that matter?

Just facts arsehole read up on their shit crowds lately

Haha that the only reply u can cum up with ,did u hear the one about the English Man,Irish man and Scotsman ?

Dominance over who come on then rocky ?

Exactly this !

I see you're back.

Celtics fan base is massive, worldwide.
It's not even debatable. Same goes for Rangers

With the exception of Man Utd and Liverpool, the old firm probably have the biggest fanbase in the UK - and furthermore both have a big global following. If they were given the money that the premier league gets, they would quickly challenge towards the top end of the league.

The problem is; the old firm come with enough baggage to crash terminal 5. Elements of their fans are quite simply disgusting and there is no way we should ever let them into the premier league.

With the exception of Man Utd and Liverpool, the old firm probably have the biggest fanbase in the UK - and furthermore both have a big global following. If they were given the money that the premier league gets, they would quickly challenge towards the top end of the league.

The problem is; the old firm come with enough baggage to crash terminal 5. Elements of their fans are quite simply disgusting and there is no way we should ever let them into the premier league.

I actually think if Celtic/Rangers were allowed into the PL, it would soften the hatred between the two and the bigotry wouldn't be half as bad because they increased competition. Scotland for the two sides is just a little goldfish bowl, playing each other at least 4 times a season guaranteed before Rangers got sent down a few divisions, aside from everything else is it any wonder there was always trouble?

Both clubs would certainly bring a lot more to the PL than your QPR, Hull City etc

Omg guaranteed champions league with Rangers in that crap league n they get 50000 a game n massive appeal around the world he wouldn't have to spend much to finish 2nd or win that league then cl as easy as that,Ashley is an astute businessman he's upto something with Rangers wait n see .

A cup final v Dundee United or somebody like that ha:lol::lol:

N believe me it doesn't take much to be better than celtic

Scott brown lol:lol::lol:
You mean the european cup semi finalists and UEFA cup finalists. That dundee united?

I actually think if Celtic/Rangers were allowed into the PL, it would soften the hatred between the two and the bigotry wouldn't be half as bad because they increased competition. Scotland for the two sides is just a little goldfish bowl, playing each other at least 4 times a season guaranteed before Rangers got sent down a few divisions, aside from everything else is it any wonder there was always trouble?

Both clubs would certainly bring a lot more to the PL than your QPR, Hull City etc

Perhaps mate, but I have a feeling it will just allow their vocal minority the opportunity to promote their crap to a bigger audience. Quite simply both clubs need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and the shit that is accepted between them needs to be stopped.

Coming out of the ground today I witnessed a strange stand off between two sets of 'fans'. One of them was actually using the Omagh bombing as a way of point scoring. It's this shit they need to sort out

If the Old Firm want enter the PL let them. But they have enter the Conference North at the highest. They might bring a higher profile than Hull, Wigan, Blackpool, Burnley etc but they earned it.

Who do Celtic and Rangers think they are?

Perhaps mate, but I have a feeling it will just allow their vocal minority the opportunity to promote their crap to a bigger audience. Quite simply both clubs need to be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century and the shit that is accepted between them needs to be stopped.

Coming out of the ground today I witnessed a strange stand off between two sets of 'fans'. One of them was actually using the Omagh bombing as a way of point scoring. It's this shit they need to sort out

Life time bans for the vermin on both sides, would at least make match day experiences more enjoyable and the majority of hatred would be simply put down to football rivalry.

I think it's fair to say that both clubs are at least trying to make strides in regard to the bigotry. Sadly the religion aspect will always play a part no matter what's done.

If the Old Firm want enter the PL let them. But they have enter the Conference North at the highest. They might bring a higher profile than Hull, Wigan, Blackpool, Burnley etc but they earned it.

Who do Celtic and Rangers think they are?

Come on now mate what would be the point in that?

I would say League 1/Championship would be more than fair.

Life time bans for the vermin on both sides, would at least make match day experiences more enjoyable and the majority of hatred would be simply put down to football rivalry.

I think it's fair to say that both clubs are at least trying to make strides in regard to the bigotry. Sadly the religion aspect will always play a part no matter what's done.

Why not?

Why should they by pass the Conference and League Two?

The truly sad thing is mate; you have two clubs with huge potential, but the bigotry holds them back and makes them deeply unattractive to a wider audience.

Get rid of the religion; get rid of the NI bollocks and get rid of the us v them tripe.

He'd need to pay 50k a week to players to get into the CL though, getting beat in the qualifiers and dropping into the Europe League gets you peanuts. Newcastle are always going to make more money than Rangers.

Celtic are nowhere near paying players 50k a week and they manage decent trips in the Champions League.

They recruit heavily from the likes of Greece, Holland and Championship or lower premier league.

Excellent post

I see you're back.
Never been away

You mean the european cup semi finalists and UEFA cup finalists. That dundee united?
Ffs man stop living 50yrs ago muppet

Absolute scumbags n cowards just like the Ira they support n give money to,singing about murdering children ,pregnant women etc .

Last edited:
Excellent post

Never been away

Ffs man stop living 50yrs ago muppet

Absolute scumbags n cowards just like the Ira they support n give money to,singing about murdering children ,pregnant women etc .
You mean 30 years ago. Dundee United are one of the best run clubs in Britain at the moment, 2 consecutive £1M+ accounting profits (that doesn't include player sales), the best academy in Scotland, starting to establish official links with other clubs Worldwide.

Not that long ago we were offering multi million pound offers for 2 of their players who, at the time, had played 20 SPL games between them!

f***ing too right. They despise the English /British.. I wouldn't drop one penny into their coffers.

Agreed. Can't understand why anyone would want them bringing their bigoted bile to the league just so they can leach off the success of the BPL. Seem to recall them hanging pro IRA banners from the Tyne bridge a few years ago. Would hate to think of them darkening our doors annually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back