Giacherini story on SKY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isn't he out of contract next year? That drastically weakens your bargaining power.

True it does in a one club in for him scenario. Having more than one well healed club chasing the little fella would put the ball in our court.

Another good player broken by the club or is he someone who just couldn't settle?

He's had injuries I know but why couldn't we get a performance out of him like the ones that have got him into the Italy squad?

Not convinced he was up to the pace and power of English football. Looks great when he has 20 yards of space but struggled for us when closed down and bullied.

Better value keeping him and having Sam turn him around unless we can get more than about £6M for him.

This. Getting rid for a couple of million wouldn't really help us at all, bearing in mind the crazy prices this summer. He'll surelt be full of confident rather this summer?
Keep him until January and if he doesn't perform give him away in January.

This. Getting rid for a couple of million wouldn't really help us at all, bearing in mind the crazy prices this summer. He'll surelt be full of confident rather this summer?
Keep him until January and if he doesn't perform give him away in January.

Of course it would, its a massive wage off the bill and a few extra mill. He will definitely be gone, people just wasting their time talking through different theories. No chance in hell he is staying.

Of course it would, its a massive wage off the bill and a few extra mill. He will definitely be gone, people just wasting their time talking through different theories. No chance in hell he is staying.

Yes, but wages are going to rise in accordance with the rise in telly money so, players of far lower quality will be asking for similar amounts as he agreed to, probably. Also, a couple of million won't even get us a reserve full back this summer.
Who knows, Sam could possibly get a time out of him?

Yes, but wages are going to rise in accordance with the rise in telly money so, players of far lower quality will be asking for similar amounts as he agreed to, probably. Also, a couple of million won't even get us a reserve full back this summer.
Who knows, Sam could possibly get a time out of him?

Don't agree in the slightest, mass hysteria over these wages.

Kirchoff cost 750k and Kone cost 5 million.

So I think you get a bit more than a reserve full back like. PVA cost 1.5 mill

If we were buying those players this summer they wouldn't suddenly cost double that you know.

Don't agree in the slightest, mass hysteria over these wages.

Kirchoff cost 750k and Kone cost 5 million.

So I think you get a bit more than a reserve full back like. PVA cost 1.5 mill

If we were buying those players this summer they wouldn't suddenly cost double that you know.

I hope you are right, but looking at some of the prices bid by non-giant clubs for non-world class players already, we may be heading for a mad period sadly. Whenever there has been increases in the scale of money in the game it has been sucked straight out by players/agents.

I hope you are right, but looking at some of the prices bid by non-giant clubs for non-world class players already, we may be heading for a mad period sadly. Whenever there has been increases in the scale of money in the game it has been sucked straight out by players/agents.

Lot of them English though mate.

Haven't palace just bid £30m + on 1 player?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back