Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frankly, Bridesmaids. I don't think having two of that cast or the same director will translate into a good Ghostbusters film though.

I think this will be a train wreck.
There is one funny scene in Bridesmaids and that's when the car is going back and forth in front of the traffic rozzer trying to get pulled. The rest is formulaic shite because they tried to make The Hangover for women but with too many characters and not enough jokes.

There is one funny scene in Bridesmaids and that's when the car is going back and forth in front of the traffic rozzer trying to get pulled. The rest is formulaic shite because they tried to make The Hangover for women but with too many characters and not enough jokes.
I thought there were a fair few laugh out loud moments. It was no more formulaic than the majority of big comedies.

Most stories follow one of a few formulas. Successful ones that don't are rare.

I thought there were a fair few laugh out loud moments. It was no more formulaic than the majority of big comedies.

Most stories follow one of a few formulas. Successful ones that don't are rare.
I like Kristen Wiig but can't stand Maya Rudolf, Matt Lucas or the fat Aussie, plus Rose Byrne is annoying from start to finish. Add in the tampon, food and fart gags and it's a no from me.

Sol Campbell as Winston? f***ing class. An entire movie with him whinging about the monopoly of white ghosts in the afterlife will be comedy genius.
"Only reason I'm not a scientist is because I'm black"

This couldn't be made worse even if they cast adam sandler, paulie shore, michael mcintyre and sol campbell as the ghostbusters.
If this was the Sandler Grown-Ups crew it would probably be just as shitty looking.

I'm a big time misogynist, big fan of it. I think women are only funny to laugh at, in much the same way that Rick Moranis or Zach Galafianakis are. Thinking I'm not the target audience like.

I had the misfortune of seeing this all the way through only a few days ago on the telly, and it was actually even worse than my phenomenally low expectations thought it was going to be. The hangover was canny shite, but at least it was hung on some sort of cohesive plot line, this just seemed to meander around going nowhere with characters coming and going at random. It just seemed to be the main lass slavvering after him from the IT crowd, putting on some bonkers accent that i couldn't work out whatever the fuck it was meant to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back