Get out of our club

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was listening to 5 live last night and they said that Ashley's business model for the Mags is to finish in or around the top 10 each season, giving them the opportunity to attract cheaper foreign players who see playing for Newcastle as a stepping stone to the Champs League before being sold on at a profit. The cups are not seen as a priority.

As far as Pardew is concerned, he pretty much delivers that target. The fans may think they have a God-given right to be top 4, but the owner is a realist.

I like how the fact that we are bottom and disgruntled shows that we think we have the god-given right to be top 4. Absolutely no middle ground :lol:
Correct me if I'm wrong but were your new signings, manager and some of your support claiming that qualification for Europe was your goal this season?

Ffs some of our fans were making that claim on here the arse licking twats!

I like how the fact that we are bottom and disgruntled shows that we think we have the god-given right to be top 4. Absolutely no middle ground :lol:

You finished top 10 last season and were disgruntled, I would say that was an indication that you expect to be finishing higher up. Your current manager came out and pretty much said you had a squad to challenge for the top 5. The thing that makes me laugh is your fans come out with this 'Support the team, not the regime' shite, but their sole purpose has been getting Ashley and Pardew out and not one bit of encouragement has been shown towards your players to will them on to victory. A lot of your fans would be happy to see your team lose, just so Pardew will get sacked. I think they need to have a good think and consider what's more important, your team winning or getting Pardew out, personally if I was in the same predicament I'd want the former every day of the week.

Seriously though mate, most of the time yous arent happy. You always seem to think you should push for the next level. So, like when you finished 5th you had some of your lot saying if Ashley had strengthened you could have been top 4. Or like when you had a good first half of the season (totally punched above your weight) yous decided you should have kept an unhappy kebab AND signed two or three top players to kick on and push for europe again. Can you not see you arent ever going to be more than a midtable club at best? Your moment in the sun in the 90s seems to have warped a lot of your fans minds into thinking the top end of the division is where yoo ought to be.

Fat Geordie/cockney bastard...

We got absolute pelters in the media and generally for the 10 min spell against Wigan where it was sung against Steve Bruce yet Newcastles fans have been singing it all night with barely a mention.

Am I missing something here

canny how the stewards allowed the mags to hang up Pardew out banners and shit but told them to move it when it covered one of the sponsors badges.

Some of the journos were sounding the fans out last night like

Fat Geordie/cockney bastard...

We got absolute pelters in the media and generally for the 10 min spell against Wigan where it was sung against Steve Bruce yet Newcastles fans have been singing it all night with barely a mention.

Am I missing something here
I was thinking exactly the same thing while listening to Radio 5live last night at about 10.15. One of the pundits on there (Cant remember who) was gushing about Newcastle being a great club with brilliant fans etc etc. To see so many of them holding anti-Pardew posters last night at Stoke was just cringworthy. As you say, the press slated us for much less. Pardew has given the Mags more to shout about than Bruce ever did for us.

Seriously though mate, most of the time yous arent happy. You always seem to think you should push for the next level. So, like when you finished 5th you had some of your lot saying if Ashley had strengthened you could have been top 4. Or like when you had a good first half of the season (totally punched above your weight) yous decided you should have kept an unhappy kebab AND signed two or three top players to kick on and push for europe again. Can you not see you arent ever going to be more than a midtable club at best? Your moment in the sun in the 90s seems to have warped a lot of your fans minds into thinking the top end of the division is where yoo ought to be.

Isn't the aim of competitive sport to always strive to be better than you are? There's no reason at all why any position regardless of where you finish should not be built on. When we finished 5th we had a great platform to build on, we had 2 in-form strikers who were playing well under a formation that suited them with a winger that complimented that formation perfectly. Supporting that we had one of the most 'under-the-radar' midfield performances of the season. Granted, the formation was stumbled upon by the useless pig in charge and forced upon him due to injury.

We then took a beating using it by a team massively in form who were beating all in sundry and his arse utterly dropped out and then he reverted to type (4-4-2) shunting players out of position to fit his defensive mentality.

Cabaye wouldn't have been unhappy should we strive to be better than we are all of the time (you know, like any normal professional sporting club does) and show some ambition to fulfill that desire by strengthening the squad but instead our owner is happy for us to float in the division incurring no extra expense other than the bare minimum to keep us afloat so he can use the club as an advertising board for his other business ventures.

A team that regularly gets ~50,000 through the door and has that level of support should be near the top of the division as should Sunderland tbf. What is sport if you're not striving to be the best that you can possibly be? What is the point in competing if your mentality is in direct contradiction to the very meaning of the word?

Isn't the aim of competitive sport to always strive to be better than you are? There's no reason at all why any position regardless of where you finish should not be built on. When we finished 5th we had a great platform to build on, we had 2 in-form strikers who were playing well under a formation that suited them with a winger that complimented that formation perfectly. Supporting that we had one of the most 'under-the-radar' midfield performances of the season. Granted, the formation was stumbled upon by the useless pig in charge and forced upon him due to injury.

We then took a beating using it by a team massively in form who were beating all in sundry and his arse utterly dropped out and then he reverted to type (4-4-2) shunting players out of position to fit his defensive mentality.

Cabaye wouldn't have been unhappy should we strive to be better than we are all of the time (you know, like any normal professional sporting club does) and show some ambition to fulfill that desire by strengthening the squad but instead our owner is happy for us to float in the division incurring no extra expense other than the bare minimum to keep us afloat so he can use the club as an advertising board for his other business ventures.

A team that regularly gets ~50,000 through the door and has that level of support should be near the top of the division as should Sunderland tbf. What is sport if you're not striving to be the best that you can possibly be? What is the point in competing if your mentality is in direct contradiction to the very meaning of the word?
Every fucker strives to be better, there isn't this supposed right to have it because the fans deserve it. It's rammed down people's throats about your supposed wonderful support. It's why you're so disliked and not just by us.

Basically you're a set of fucksticks

Every fucker strives to be better, there isn't this supposed right to have it because the fans deserve it. It's rammed down people's throats about your supposed wonderful support. It's why you're so disliked and not just by us.

Basically you're a set of fucksticks

Who is saying there is?

We don't strive to be better btw, the board and the current management have said as much. Whether it being our non-competitiveness in the cups or setting a points target you would have happy with which is one point less than the previous season.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back