German Wheat Beer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aye, Belgian style though, it's Wheat Beer though, that's all that matters really, at least I thought so anyway.

The Belgian 'wit' style tends to be quite different to (and IMO not as good as) the German/Austrian 'Hefeweiss'.

Love a Wheat Beer me like. Not a great fan of Erdinger, and not the clear stuff either. My two favourites are Schofferhofer and Weihenstephanrer

Logon or register to see this image

Weihenstephaner is lovely. I find Erdinger is quite tasteless. They all give me dreadful hangovers though.

Any fans on here? Tried some of that Erdinger the other day & it's top stuff. Any other recommendations?

There are many varieties of wheat beer from various countries,. but there are also white beers (confusing I know)

Franziskaner (cloudy) do a great and easily obtainable wheat beer as do Weihenstephaner but there's is a clear wheat beer. These are German

I was in the states recently and got try Sierra Nevada Wheat beer which is very much like the Franziskaner.

The Belgians have some of the most diverse beers/breweries in the world and there'll be white and wheat beers by the dozen.

JUst dive into a quality offie and fill your boots

The Belgian 'wit' style tends to be quite different to (and IMO not as good as) the German/Austrian 'Hefeweiss'.

No idea mate, you're probably right. I can't really tell the difference. Don't drink it often anyway like.

It was wheat beers that got me off lager. Opened up a whole range of beer. Thank fuck!

Schneider Weiss is a cracker, as previously mentioned.

It was wheat beers that got me off lager. Opened up a whole range of beer. Thank fuck!

Schneider Weiss is a cracker, as previously mentioned.

Have you tried that flavourly craft beer club thing online, canny deal 10 bottles for 10 quid.

www.flavourly.com/ANDREWEVD

They sent some nice stuff on my first order. You can choose light beers, or dark, or a mix. Lights were mainly IPAs with a wheat beer.

Another vote for Weihenstephan here. It's the oldest brewery in the world, don't you know - founded 1040, in Freising, Bavaria (about 5 miles from Munich airport). I'll be there next Wednesday night for a swift couple if the weather is good - it's got a lovely beer garden. Working with a customer over there on Thursday unfortunately, so not too many scoops.

Will have to pop into Aldi for some of this Schofferhofer stuff, so cheers for the advice folks.

Reactions: PTR
Last edited:
I can drink lots of lager. I can't drink many pints of wheat beer though.
I know what you mean. Wheat beer isn't my thing anymore now.

But I can drink a lot more nice ale than lager. Less fizzy.

Have you tried that flavourly craft beer club thing online, canny deal 10 bottles for 10 quid.

www.flavourly.com/ANDREWEVD

They sent some nice stuff on my first order. You can choose light beers, or dark, or a mix. Lights were mainly IPAs with a wheat beer.

I'll be bottling 80 pints of my own beer tomorrow, I don't think the wife will be pleased if I start buying more!

Is that classed as a beer or an ale? I love O'Kells Maclir from the Isl eof Man.. its a Wheat Beer/Ale but I struggle to differentiate with it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back