Gayle to the mags

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 what, league goals? Or appearances?
Not according to his wiki page,
  • 2013-2014, 7 goals / 23 appearances
  • 2014-2015. 5 goals / 25 appearances
  • 2015-2016. 3 goals / 16 appearances
Unless I'm reading it completely wrong of course, which is not impossible for me
Think he means 27 starts.

27 what, league goals? Or appearances?
Not according to his wiki page,
  • 2013-2014, 7 goals / 23 appearances
  • 2014-2015. 5 goals / 25 appearances
  • 2015-2016. 3 goals / 16 appearances
Unless I'm reading it completely wrong of course, which is not impossible for me

27 starts and 63 appearances and 15 goals. Its a far better ratio than Wickham for example and better than anyone they have I think. He scores goals and both Warnock and Pardew think hes the best finisher at the club. However they play 433 with Bolasie and Zaha wide and Gayle doesn't fit into that, they prefer a target man in that system and understandable so.

27 starts and 63 appearances and 15 goals. Its a far better ratio than Wickham for example and better than anyone they have I think. He scores goals and both Warnock and Pardew think hes the best finisher at the club. However they play 433 with Bolasie and Zaha wide and Gayle doesn't fit into that, they prefer a target man in that system and understandable so.
Yeah someone pointed out that you meant 27 starts, like I say I wasn't really commenting as to whether he would do a job or not, because as with a lot of players you don't know, it was just the 15 in 27 could have read as being 15 in a season, that was all

Personally don't rate him at all, but he'll score goals in the championship.

Unsure of he is any good or not? Not as quick* as all that even by Championship standards. He will score goals in an attacking team. (*pace and acceleration is hard to judge, especially on TV).

Good signing for them but let's be honest, these links and signings are indicative of the fact they'll have money coming in from selling key players like Sissoko, Wijnaldum and Townsend. I'd be dubious about their midfield, they've only got Colback and Shelvey, as I think Tiote is leaving too.

Be funny if they end up losing their best and then have to overpay to get sub premier league replacements because of the new TV deal.

probably one of these players that is too good for the championship but ultimately not good enough for the premier league.

End of the day it looks like they'll be swapping krul for the new keeper (can't even remember his name)
Townsend for Ritchie
Wijnaldum for Gayle

They've weakened their side, yet got all the mags thinking this is great business. Rafa really is a god.

I'm sure 'wor Bobby in the clouds' will be pulling the strings for him to score 170 goals for them next season and for Newcastle to vote to become a independent nation

^ this everyone they sign is considered a decent buy on here
I've called out loads of their signings as shite on here including Shelvey, Thauvin and Cabella (and was told by most it's only because the Mags are signing them and this place always says their signings are shite!!) but I think Gayle and Ritchie are excellent signings for them at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back