Gary Owers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aston Villa were interested in him when big Ron was manager for around £1m if I remember correctly. A good athlete and put in some decent performances for us.[/QUOTE]

Agreed,when you think back to some of the shit we had back then Owers was a canny little player,used as a makeweight in the Martin Scott deal IIRC.

Scissor kick cross for Gates to score
away to the mags in the play offs means he should always get credit from any self respecting Lads fan!
Aye but what you forget is that there are cliques on here that are frightened to differ from the views of the pack, there will be people posting on this thread that never even saw Gary Owers play and still slate him because it's the *cool* thing to do.

Remember him scoring a lovely chip away to Leicester. Gordon Armstrong moonwalked in the same game (42 minutes in)

Remember him scoring a lovely chip away to Leicester. Gordon Armstrong moonwalked in the same game (42 minutes in)

Loved that season like. Bracewell's goal v Sheff Utd! Class. The commentator is brilliant too. "Sheffield United have given the game to Sunderland!"

Last edited:
He is currently the manager of Bath City in Conference South. Finished his playing days down in the south west and lived down here ever since.

Aye but what you forget is that there are cliques on here that are frightened to differ from the views of the pack, there will be people posting on this thread that never even saw Gary Owers play and still slate him because it's the *cool* thing to do.
I agree but what people see as the cool thing to do is quite often seen as moronic by others marra, anyway I liked Owers he was a decent local lad who played during a tough period and never seemed to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back