1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Happy St George's Day Guest

gary neville

Discussion in 'Pure Football' started by wakey wakey, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wakey wakey

wakey wakey Midfield

Basically said if you dont go down you dont get a penalty, and illustrated the point with gallas practiacally having someone in two headlocks but they stayed on their feet and didnt go down so never got a pen.Its the refs faults u have to make it that obv so they can see you have been fouled
  2. Though he was bordering on a little PF style breakdown at times last night, good to hear a solid opinion though for a change and not Jamie Redknapp's drivel.
  3. dangermows

dangermows Striker

Correct.
  4. SurreyMackem

SurreyMackem Striker

That may be true but you can't condone what Young did, shirley?

He was the instigator of the whole affair from contact to dive. The defender could have disappeared in a puff of smoke and he would not have done any different.
  5. The Archer

The Archer Winger

90% of the time players choose to go down, its rare that someone has their legs taken away in the good old fashioned style.

Players don’t seem to ride a tackle anymore and this habit of getting a touch and then throwing the other leg out us getting to be a joke.

I think Quinny & Tyler had it spot on when they said it should be the opinion of the paying public that’s taken into account and I’d say most of us would like to see an end to diving.
  6. Tank

Tank Central Defender

this is the problem. If refs gave a penalty whether or not a player goes down, it would stop players having to go down when they are fouled in the box. I'd sooner see a forward trying to ride a foul and stick the ball in the net, and if the advantage doesn't come off, then give the pen.
  7. In your opinion (and mine). But regardless of our thoughts refs interpret the game differently.

Graham Poll sad this -

"Clark catches Young’s right foot when stretching to play the ball which technically makes it a foul and a penalty.
    The way Young then drags his trailing left leg into Clark, drawing contact with the defender is not a foul and without that initial contact with his right foot, he would have been booked for simulation."
  8. wakey wakey

wakey wakey Midfield

It all boils down to The refs at the end of the day if they weren't so shit players wouldn't have to go down to make sure they get a penalty.we need full time professional refs
  9. I find it unbelievable when the refs are blamed. It happens so fast and the players are so good at conning the refs. It's the players and the coaches who are cheating intentionally not the refs. Like when Suarez goes down, squealing, holding his hand in the air as if he's got a broken ankle to get Rodwell sent off the ref believes Suarez. The pundits go mad with the ref but no one acknowledges that it's Suarez's expert cheatery that's fooled the ref.
  10. Harry Angstrom

Harry Angstrom Striker

Always the ref's fault:lol::lol:

And another one.:lol:

Thank you:lol:

EDIT, I am not or have i ever wanted to be a ref.
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
  11. Prometheus

Prometheus Full Back

I agree He also stated that there was a culture, due to the influx of foreign players, that if you get contact over you go Having said that I'm sure in SAF autobiography he stated he urged his players to appeal for every throw in and cornerkick These problems have been endemic for years Dishing out 3 match retrospective bans would be a farce because as someone else has said there would be no players left and you'd end up paying a fortune to watch the Academy U-11's and they'd be falling all over the shop anarl
  12. SurreyMackem

SurreyMackem Striker

Clark didn't catch Youngs right foot though.

Young "found" Clarks planted foot with his right and then drags his trailing leg in an eggsagerated dive.

It amazes me that this is even in dispute.
  13. Wally

Wally Midfield

Robert Pires was the master of that!
  14. voodoo ray

voodoo ray New Member

3 matches is a bit excessive when that's normally handed out for violent conduct. How about, first offence= 1 game, second offence= 2 games and so on ?

Agree that banning them retrospectivly is the only way to hit it.
  15. MunkyHeed

MunkyHeed Winger

Only give pens for handball or other fouls the attacker has no control over. Indirect fk's for fouls in the box.
  16. wanny

wanny Striker

still wondering if these refs even exist.. Links, pretty please :neutral:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.