Frank Worthington

Status
Not open for further replies.

He still had it didn't he . Wish could have had him 10 years sooner .

Probably the best "footballer" i ever saw play for SAFC.
Thatd be around the time he failed a medical at Liverpool wouldnt it? I think he's just knocked back a move to Brazil for Anfield anarl.

I remember his debut for us when he went off after an hour or so v Ipswich. Butcher & Osman who were the then England centre half pairing both clapped him off with their hands above their heads. Hed made them look like schoolboys at the age of 35 or summit. Very close to getting a hat trick yet nivver scored one. Living a different lifestyle hed be a 100 cap player.

Probably the best "footballer" i ever saw play for SAFC.
Thatd be around the time he failed a medical at Liverpool wouldnt it? I think he's just knocked back a move to Brazil for Anfield anarl.

I remember his debut for us when he went off after an hour or so v Ipswich. Butcher & Osman who were the then England centre half pairing both clapped him off with their hands above their heads. Hed made them look like schoolboys at the age of 35 or summit. Very close to getting a hat trick yet nivver scored one. Living a different lifestyle hed be a 100 cap player.
One of those players who you can comfortably say would not of made it to the top today, to big a rebel to do that

Read something about his daughter saying it could be football related i think.
Could be but then a cross section of the community get it anyway.

You're going to hear of this a lot more in the coming years.

I read today that of the 1966 World Cup winning team Peters, Wilson and Stiles have it, and Jack Charlton is showing signs.
4 out of 11 is a bad stat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back