FIFA 14 Career Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dont bother with Sunderland like we are shite and slow and dont have enough cash to improve.

We are bloody slow - wacked it up to world class and I have a desperate need to sign somebody with pace. Altidore is shite too, so I guess the realism is a real improvement this year.

We are bloody slow - wacked it up to world class and I have a desperate need to sign somebody with pace. Altidore is shite too, so I guess the realism is a real improvement this year.
Did you update the squads? I think we have improved a little but alonso is like 67. To be fair I only tried Sunderland after being psg, real, chelsea and man city so there is a difference. Dont waste your time. Personally I like being Chelsea as you only really need one class forward like lewandowski and have hazard, oscar and mata behind him which works a treat for me anyway.

Did you update the squads? I think we have improved a little but alonso is like 67. To be fair I only tried Sunderland after being psg, real, chelsea and man city so there is a difference. Dont waste your time. Personally I like being Chelsea as you only really need one class forward like lewandowski and have hazard, oscar and mata behind him which works a treat for me anyway.

Yeah, I updated them after the squads had Sess in them both times I loaded them. Yeah, I mean our squad is terribly under and overrated in many areas. Giacc an 80!?!? I quite like the challenge tbh. Got myself a class little winger, can't remember his name though. He challenges for wing places. Definitely need a new striker and winger though

Yeah, I updated them after the squads had Sess in them both times I loaded them. Yeah, I mean our squad is terribly under and overrated in many areas. Giacc an 80!?!? I quite like the challenge tbh. Got myself a class little winger, can't remember his name though. He challenges for wing places. Definitely need a new striker and winger though
Go for Victor Andrade up top along with Gabriel Barbosa also of Santos, get Will Hughes in the centre along with Pierre Emille Hojbjerg from Bayern. Wingers I'd just use Mavrias, seems to do the biz for me!

Go for Victor Andrade up top along with Gabriel Barbosa also of Santos, get Will Hughes in the centre along with Pierre Emille Hojbjerg from Bayern. Wingers I'd just use Mavrias, seems to do the biz for me!

Thanks for the tip - transfer window has just opened. How much will they cost me?

Mavrias is decent, I brought Chalobah in from Chelsea anarl. Career mode is shite mind, not a fan of the new scouting system at all. Jozy seems to do the business in 4-3-3 for me too.

Got sacked from Sunderland - got pissed off and rage quit. Now starting again with Derby. Found the youth scouting to be VERY effective this year. Had a 75 come straight through my first team.

Into my 5th season I think with Leeds.
Board want me in Europe and gave me a decent wedge to burn.

Still not been offered a single club job. Got some fella called Romano for 2m. Center mid. Sold him for 24 to Napoli the following summer.

Started a game as Bournemoth, finished 10th in The Championship in my first season.

Second season managed to finish 2nd so got Promoted, next to no money.

Start of third season "we expect you to avoid relegation"....Here's 2mil and 10k wages. Had to sell my two best players, Matt Ritche who went from 69-73 for 4.5 mil and Ross Turnbull from 71-75 for the same amount, not bad considering Ritchie was there when I signed and I got Turnbull in the second season for 950k.

Anyway managed to get Chris Wood and Adam LeFondre and Darren Randolph in as well as Zeki Fryers on loan who were all improvements on what I had.

Lost first two matches against Arsenal and Chelsea but have managed to beat Villa 1-0 and Bolton 0-2. 4 Games in and 10th, I'd settle for 17th.

Randolph (73)

Foley (68) Cook (73) Bodurov (69) Fryers (72)

Fraser (73) O'Kane (71) O'Hara (71) Pugh (70)

Wood (71) LeFondre (72)​

I'm Sheffield Wednesday and currently in the Premier League in season two, finished 2nd last year behind QPR who finished with 100 odd points and just managed to fend off a late surge from Wigan to hang on to the last automatic promotion spot.

Having got the club promoted, I received a transfer budget of £2m (or should that be I didn't received a transfer budget). Basically just assigned all my transfer funds to the wage budget and tried to sign my better players to long term contracts on higher wages but none of them will commit as "the club doesn't have enough money".

Made one permanent signing Ivica Olic, he's only got a rating of about 67 now as he's ancient. Made do with a couple of loan signings in the shape of Yaya Sanogo and a goalkeeper called Martinez from Arsenal. In my first season I signed a young midfielder from Blackburn called Ruben Rochina and he is my best player now with a rating of 75 and he's only 23 so hopefully he'll get better. I'll flog him if a decent offer comes in though.

I'm Sheffield Wednesday and currently in the Premier League in season two, finished 2nd last year behind QPR who finished with 100 odd points and just managed to fend off a late surge from Wigan to hang on to the last automatic promotion spot.

Having got the club promoted, I received a transfer budget of £2m (or should that be I didn't received a transfer budget). Basically just assigned all my transfer funds to the wage budget and tried to sign my better players to long term contracts on higher wages but none of them will commit as "the club doesn't have enough money".

Made one permanent signing Ivica Olic, he's only got a rating of about 67 now as he's ancient. Made do with a couple of loan signings in the shape of Yaya Sanogo and a goalkeeper called Martinez from Arsenal. In my first season I signed a young midfielder from Blackburn called Ruben Rochina and he is my best player now with a rating of 75 and he's only 23 so hopefully he'll get better. I'll flog him if a decent offer comes in though.
Players have a signing on fee that comes out of your transfer budget, be sure to not have it as 100% in favour of wages. I normally have it set around 80/20 in favour of wages. Obviously I adjust it as needs be.

Chris Cohen (Notts Forest) is a quality left back in the Championship with a hell of a shot on him

Nicklas Hult in Sweden, can't remember which club is a excellent winger and so is Serge Granby (spelling?) at Arsenal. I have Scott Brown and Rodolph Austin in the centre, both quality

So I wanted to mix it up a bit. I was inspired by a post I saw on Reddit. I went through most of the teams on the game, took their ratings (attack, midfield, defence), took the average of those ratings (Sunderland worked out at like 73 on average), then sorted the teams into one long list. I then started a new career mode, replacing all the teams in the English leagues, with the teams from the list I created, in order of rating. What I ended up with, was a Super League. It makes playing in the league/english cups brilliant. Champions league/Euro league is a bit shit like, as it's full of shite teams.

Premier League
Barcelona
FC Bayern
Real Madrid
Man City
Chelsea
Man Utd
Juventus
PSG
Athletico Madrid
Bor. Dortmund
Arsenal
Liverpool
Milan
Spurs
Inter
Roma
Athletico Bilboa
SL Benfica
Fiorentina
Lazio

Championship
Napoli
Zenit
Galatasaray
Everton
AS Monaco
Saint-Ettiene
FC Porto
CSKA Moskva
Real Sociedad
Spartak Moskva
Bayer 04
FC Schalke
Swansea
Sporting CP
1899 Hoffenheim
Newcastle Utd
Valencia
Dinamo Moskva
FC Shakhtar
VFL Wolfsburg
LOSC Lille
OL Lyon
Southampton
Parma

League One
Lokomotiv
Fulham
Stoke City
West Ham
Hertha BSC
Udinese
Hannover 96
VFB Stuttgart
Cruzeiro
Sao Paulo
Bor. M'Gladbach
Eint. Frankfurt
Marseille
Stade Rennais
Athletico Mineiro
Ajax
Atalanta
Corinthians
Olympiakos
PSV
Aston Villa
Norwich City
Sunderland
Werder Bremen

League Two
Genoa
San Lorenzo
Torino
Flamengo
Fluminense
Sampdoria
West brom
Boca Juniors
River Plate
Standard Liege
Feyenoord
Montpellier
Hull City
FC Twente
Hamburger SV
QPR
Botafogo
Club Brugge
Gremio
Crystal Palace
Vitesse
Celtic
RSC Anderlecht
AZ

So I wanted to mix it up a bit. I was inspired by a post I saw on Reddit. I went through most of the teams on the game, took their ratings (attack, midfield, defence), took the average of those ratings (Sunderland worked out at like 73 on average), then sorted the teams into one long list. I then started a new career mode, replacing all the teams in the English leagues, with the teams from the list I created, in order of rating. What I ended up with, was a Super League. It makes playing in the league/english cups brilliant. Champions league/Euro league is a bit shit like, as it's full of shite teams.

Premier League
Barcelona
FC Bayern
Real Madrid
Man City
Chelsea
Man Utd
Juventus
PSG
Athletico Madrid
Bor. Dortmund
Arsenal
Liverpool
Milan
Spurs
Inter
Roma
Athletico Bilboa
SL Benfica
Fiorentina
Lazio

Championship
Napoli
Zenit
Galatasaray
Everton
AS Monaco
Saint-Ettiene
FC Porto
CSKA Moskva
Real Sociedad
Spartak Moskva
Bayer 04
FC Schalke
Swansea
Sporting CP
1899 Hoffenheim
Newcastle Utd
Valencia
Dinamo Moskva
FC Shakhtar
VFL Wolfsburg
LOSC Lille
OL Lyon
Southampton
Parma

League One
Lokomotiv
Fulham
Stoke City
West Ham
Hertha BSC
Udinese
Hannover 96
VFB Stuttgart
Cruzeiro
Sao Paulo
Bor. M'Gladbach
Eint. Frankfurt
Marseille
Stade Rennais
Athletico Mineiro
Ajax
Atalanta
Corinthians
Olympiakos
PSV
Aston Villa
Norwich City
Sunderland
Werder Bremen

League Two
Genoa
San Lorenzo
Torino
Flamengo
Fluminense
Sampdoria
West brom
Boca Juniors
River Plate
Standard Liege
Feyenoord
Montpellier
Hull City
FC Twente
Hamburger SV
QPR
Botafogo
Club Brugge
Gremio
Crystal Palace
Vitesse
Celtic
RSC Anderlecht
AZ

That can't be right. Everybody knows Newcastle United are the 8th biggest and best club in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back