Feyenoord in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol:

London is so big and diverse it takes two minutes to escape anything even remotely 'toursity'

Cant say ive seen couples having meals and drinks on the roof of their canal boat homes in Blackpool (more an ice cream with a chip in the top that a seagull has dropped)

I've been to The Netherlands loads of time, and Amsterdam probably 15 times, in the last 20 years, mostly just for the session but also for longer stays, and Amsterdam reminds me of London. Full of tourists in the central bits and full of shady neighbourhoods when you move out into the suburbs and big 'projects'. If you've got money I'm sure it would be a nice place to live just like London, but as a visitor no. The locals as well in Amsterdam, like their cocknee counterparts, also seem a lot less friendly than other parts of the Netherlands (but I accept that's probably a generalization) and constantly on the make. Also Amsterdam is the only place on all my travels around the world where my hotel room was robbed.

Rotterdam, Leiden and Den Haag are all better imho and much more welcoming, although I did have some one pull a knife on me the first time in Rotterdam. The only place in the Netherlands where it felt less welcoming that Amsterdam was in Arnhem but I think the fact it was full of football fans at the time may have been a factor. The days before when I was travelling to Oosterbeek and round about were all hassle free and very friendly. The only place I haven't visited is the North Sea coast area which I think might be the next place. Even Breda is more interesting if you want a quieter time and Leuven is only over the border if you fancy a night out.

I was going to ask if the link is known over there, or of it was more known at our end.

1000 members nearly on their Facebook page from both sides. I imagine plenty like me who've only been the once or have met them when they've been over here in the pubs. I'd love the chance to go back over for another game and to have a drink etc.

Mind they must like their shredded wheat in Rotterdam, there's some big old units among them.

Last edited:

I wasnt comparing the two marra (I havent been to Rotterdam) I was merely pointing out the Amsterdam is pleasant, pretty city with lots to do. (I could list many more things) and wrongly, in my opinion anyway, gets tarred with the seedy/tacky tag.

It has it's nice parts, but as I said, it's more of a curiosity than a great city for me.

Rotterdam certainly doesn't pale in comparison these days.

I was stood next to a group of big bad looking blokes under the North Stand earlier in the season and noticed they were all wearing git big clogs.
They looked like smelly tramps but I wasn't going to tell them.

Had a brilliant night in Arnhem in January. Accidentally spent it getting hammered with the Arnhem casuals and Vitesse's official hooligan liaison officer. Weird night but they were actually really friendly lads. Had been to Ajax the night before and went to Feyenoord the following day. De Kuip was great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back