Feyenoord in Sunderland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amsterdam reminds me of Blackpool.....it is more curiosity than cultured.

Not only does Rotterdam have substance to it but they have also been doing all kinds in the last few years to make it a modern European city

Logon or register to see this image

Aside from the red light district I don't see how you could compare it to Blackpool in any way! It's a beautiful city with all sorts to do.

I just found Rotterdam a little dull, only spent a day there like, I will take your word for it.

Stay in Amsterdam and get the train to Rotterdam for the game, about 40 mins away, £15 return or something. It's a pretty dull place...

I've been 3 times and thought it wasn't up to much the first 2 times. You've got to know where to go, aye the jumpy bits aren't as big at the Dam but you can only drink so much :cool:
Mind, the Hague is right next to Rotterdam and it's a crackin night out.

Last edited:

I've been 3 times and thought it wasn't up to much the first 2 times. You've got to know where to go, aye the jumpy bits aren't as big at the Dam but you can only drink so much :cool:
Mind, the Hague is right next to Rotterdam and it's a crackin night out.

That's at Spurs this season isn't it? Positive I seen that flag down there.

[QUOTE="bernardbresslaw, post: 20090996, member: 17076"
Mind, the Hague is right next to Rotterdam and it's a crackin night out.[/QUOTE]

Spot on. Been to Holland a few times and would take Rotterdam and Den Haag ahead of Amsterdam everytime. Each to their own, like.

Stay in Amsterdam and get the train to Rotterdam for the game, about 40 mins away, £15 return or something. It's a pretty dull place...
I've been to rotterdam twice for games and had an amazing weekend, been to Amsterdam about 6 or 7 times and for me Rotterdam wins hands down, nowhere near as touristy. Rogers hospitality helps too like!

Aside from the red light district I don't see how you could compare it to Blackpool in any way! It's a beautiful city with all sorts to do.

I just found Rotterdam a little dull, only spent a day there like, I will take your word for it.

Its tacky in a lot of parts....and not just in the red light district. People selling drugs on corners during the day in main areas of the city centre, crappy bars and restaurants. I'm sure it has it's moments but I'm not particularly impressed.

What did you find beautiful and what did you do there?

I'd love to get down to the Vic on Saturday for a pint but parental responsibilities mean that will be doubtful. Are you drinking locally on Sunday or heading into the city centre?

I had a class day in Rotterdam with the Feyenoord lads who we have links with. I went to see v Sampdoria during our Dutch pre-season tour when we played in the Ajax Cup. They didn't know me from Adam, as I'd just tagged along after seeing it advertised on here, but were very welcoming and made sure everyone was well looked after no matter what. Can't speak highly enough of the people I met. Their pub round the corner from De Kuip (superb ground) has loads of stuff from both clubs and they are proud of the links between our two great clubs. Long may it continue.

Anyone saying Rotterdam isn't great is talking shite, it's a port for fuck sake! While Amsterdam is also good its too touristy, like London. Leiden is a good place to head and Den Haag. I enjoyed Breda too although it is really quiet, loads of history.

Amsterdam reminds me of Blackpool.....it is more curiosity than cultured.

Not only does Rotterdam have substance to it but they have also been doing all kinds in the last few years to make it a modern European city

You've obviously been to the wrong parts. Nine streets area is very pretty with some excellent individual shops and some of the houses you pass on the canals are stunning on the eye. There are a couple of fantastic restaurants a couple of steerts up from Anne Franks house. I didnt see any drugs being pushed at all during my 5 nights there either. Had a class day having a picnic in Vondelpark (bottle of wine watching the wildlife wander up close) and the little trip out to Zaanse Schans was very enjoyable too.

Edit: Some of the grafitti is superb too. (if you like that sort of thing)

! While Amsterdam is also good its too touristy, like London.

:lol:

London is so big and diverse it takes two minutes to escape anything even remotely 'toursity'

Cant say ive seen couples having meals and drinks on the roof of their canal boat homes in Blackpool (more an ice cream with a chip in the top that a seagull has dropped)

Last edited:
You've obviously been to the wrong parts. Nine streets area is very pretty with some excellent individual shops and some of the houses you pass on the canals are stunning on the eye. There are a couple of fantastic restaurants a couple of steerts up from Anne Franks house. I didnt see any drugs being pushed at all during my 5 nights there either. Had a class day having a picnic in Vondelpark (bottle of wine watching the wildlife wander up close) and the little trip out to Zaanse Schans was very enjoyable too.

Edit: Some of the grafitti is superb too. (if you like that sort of thing)

:lol:

London is so big and diverse it takes two minutes to escape anything even remotely 'toursity'

Cant say ive seen couples having meals and drinks on the roof of their canal boat homes in Blackpool (more an ice cream with a chip in the top that a seagull has dropped)

A park, some houses, some canals and a couple of restaurants.......how can Rotterdam compete.

If you didn't see drugs being pushed then you had your eyes closed to be honest

A park, some houses, some canals and a couple of restaurants.......how can Rotterdam compete.

If you didn't see drugs being pushed then you had your eyes closed to be honest

I wasnt comparing the two marra (I havent been to Rotterdam) I was merely pointing out the Amsterdam is pleasant, pretty city with lots to do. (I could list many more things) and wrongly, in my opinion anyway, gets tarred with the seedy/tacky tag.

I'd love to get down to the Vic on Saturday for a pint but parental responsibilities mean that will be doubtful. Are you drinking locally on Sunday or heading into the city centre?

I had a class day in Rotterdam with the Feyenoord lads who we have links with. I went to see v Sampdoria during our Dutch pre-season tour when we played in the Ajax Cup. They didn't know me from Adam, as I'd just tagged along after seeing it advertised on here, but were very welcoming and made sure everyone was well looked after no matter what. Can't speak highly enough of the people I met. Their pub round the corner from De Kuip (superb ground) has loads of stuff from both clubs and they are proud of the links between our two great clubs. Long may it continue.

Anyone saying Rotterdam isn't great is talking shite, it's a port for fuck sake! While Amsterdam is also good its too touristy, like London. Leiden is a good place to head and Den Haag. I enjoyed Breda too although it is really quiet, loads of history.
I was going to ask if the link is known over there, or of it was more known at our end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back