Everton make record profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mate alot of our fans have to get over the past 2 stadium moves. Kings dock would of been brilliant and had it been in 2014 i think we would have had it secured (shame we were in a mess at the time) I think it came at the wrong time for us as a club. The kirby one was a shambles and thank god it failed through.

The reason why I'm optermstic is Joe Anderson tweeted about this around the time of the lukaku deal weeks before any talk of a stadium came to being, common talk amongst the residents around walton hall park seems to be a feeling that this proposal is alot further than what we're led to believe and realistically any opposition to a move won't succeed.

Just need to be positive mate, I'm pessimistic as it comes being a blue were used to fuck ups and empty promises from this board, the tv revenue is the main reason of course, and our sponsorship and kitbag deals are horrendous for where we are at the moment but things are looking up at the minute both on and off the pitch, I'm just enjoying it whilst we're doing relatively well as someone who's lived through the 80's then seen what we became in the 90's football can change awfully quick!

Joe Anderson is about as competent as Kenwright who was the common denominator in both the KD and DK failings. Sorry but I cannot ever trust a man who pushed for Kirkby so much as he did.

As for WHP we can only speculate as there is zero information. My take on it is Anderson keeps one half of the city sweet due to the Anfield work and Kenwright gets further breathing space.

There is a feelgood factor at the minute on the pitch but I don't see any tangible progress off it. Our sponsorship has grown by just over £3m since 2001 and that is gross incompetence in the worlds most watched league. I'd wager we'll still be at Goodison in 5 years time with the same owner.

Although you should know better than me, your summary doesn't seem to fit with the articles I've read today.

Never underestimate Bill's media connections!

On a serious note what is reported is technically right but not the whole story. We made a profit but it's what you do with it and nobody can tell for sure as those who scrutinise SAFC accounts will be well aware. We have c£49m debt and make c£20m profit. The gross debt hasn't reduced so it's not too far a leap to suggest the £20m cash was sent to Chelsea later that summer. Treading water.

Last edited:
Joe Anderson is about as competent as Kenwright who was the common denominator in both the KD and DK failings. Sorry but I cannot ever trust a man who pushed for Kirkby so much as he did.

As for WHP we can only speculate as there is zero information. My take on it is Anderson keeps one half of the city sweet due to the Anfield work and Kenwright gets further breathing space.

There is a feelgood factor at the minute on the pitch but I don't see any tangible progress off it. Our sponsorship has grown by just over £3m since 2001 and that is gross incompetence in the worlds most watched league. I'd wager we'll still be at Goodison in 5 years time with the same owner.

Never underestimate Bill's media connections!

On a serious note what is reported is technically right but not the whole story. We made a profit but it's what you do with it and nobody can tell for sure as those who scrutinise SAFC accounts will be well aware. We have c£49m debt and make c£20m profit. The gross debt hasn't reduced so it's not too far a leap to suggest the £20m cash was sent to Chelsea later that summer. Treading water.

Although I haven't seen the balance sheet, once again that doesn't tally with what has been reported.

I'm confused by the £20m to Chelsea.

I think your being very naive joss, the board will only do more damage to themselves by going through the trouble of a new stadium process they know full well they have no chance of pushing through. The last thing kenwright needs is a 3rd stadium failure under his tenure, the club's doing well on the pitch atm and that's what the majority of the fans only care about, he has nothing to gain by bringing up the stadium issue right now.

You just seem to be one of those fans mate that has to moan about anything, I took part in the BU marches against this board and I don't trust them as far as I could throw them, but the last time I've been this optermistic about this club was the 80's. Crack a smile lad!

Although I haven't seen the balance sheet. once again that doesn't tally with what has been reported.

I'm confused by the £20m to Chelsea.

OK. In 2013 we owed creditors £48m, in 2014 we owe £49m. It's been reported we paid off £17m worth of debt but this depends on the definition of debt you use. Net debt was reduced by £17m as we had that amount sitting in our account as cash. What happened to that money is the unknown part (Lukaku payments are not in this set of accounts).

So did we use that £17m to pay off gross debt? Unlikely as the club also say they've taken on more short-term debt (advance of TV money). Or did we use it for a Lukaku down-payment later that summer? I will guess the latter as it's unusual for us to have that amount 'resting' in an account.

Accountants can paint any picture you want but the devil is in the detail.

I think your being very naive joss, the board will only do more damage to themselves by going through the trouble of a new stadium process they know full well they have no chance of pushing through. The last thing kenwright needs is a 3rd stadium failure under his tenure, the club's doing well on the pitch atm and that's what the majority of the fans only care about, he has nothing to gain by bringing up the stadium issue right now.

You just seem to be one of those fans mate that has to moan about anything, I took part in the BU marches against this board and I don't trust them as far as I could throw them, but the last time I've been this optermistic about this club was the 80's. Crack a smile lad!

I'm glad you're happy. As a BU supporter you will be well aware then that they were told in the first few weeks that Kirkby had zero chance of succeeding. They still lied to supporters throughout and conducted a shameful media campaign wasting millions in the process. Naive? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Good luck with your new found faith.

Last edited:
OK. In 2013 we owed creditors £48m, in 2014 we owe £49m. It's been reported we paid off £17m worth of debt but this depends on the definition of debt you use. Net debt was reduced by £17m as we had that amount sitting in our account as cash. What happened to that money is the unknown part (Lukaku payments are not in this set of accounts).

So did we use that £17m to pay off gross debt? Unlikely as the club also say they've taken on more short-term debt (advance of TV money). Or did we use it for a Lukaku down-payment later that summer? I will guess the latter as it's unusual for us to have that amount 'resting' in an account.

Again I'm not privy to the balance sheet, but I suspect that, for a whole host of reasons, the published accounts are a pretty accurate reflection of the financial state of EFC at the time.

Football clubs' accounts are often the source of fans' conspiracy theories.

Some of our own fans think that player amortisation is some sort of voodoo.

Again I'm not privy to the balance sheet, but I suspect that, for a whole host of reasons, the published accounts are a pretty accurate reflection of the financial state of EFC at the time.

Football clubs' accounts are often the source of fans' conspiracy theories.

Some of our own fans think that player amortisation is some sort of voodoo.

Yeah you're dead right. It's all there for people to see and you can understand why accountants are well paid as they can pretty much put any spin they like on them.

Yeah you're dead right. It's all there for people to see and you can understand why accountants are well paid as they can pretty much put any spin they like on them.

I can't imagine EFC's lenders being ecstatic if the annual accounts were a fairy story, and an ill-disguised one at that.

I'm glad you're happy. As a BU supporter you will be well aware then that they were told in the first few weeks that Kirkby had zero chance of succeeding. They still lied to supporters throughout and conducted a shameful media campaign wasting millions in the process. Naive? We'll have to agree to disagree on that one. Good luck with your new found faith.

Kirkby was a disaster mate, but my argument again is right now we've just finished 5th last season, playing the best football we've played since the 80's, got the future poster boy of English football making his break through year on top of spending £28 million on one of the world's best young strikers, The last thing on fans minds right now is the stadium issue, therefore why would the board make a song and dance over a new stadium project if they know it's doomed to fail thus drawing criticism from the fans?

That's my argument mate the pressures off the board atm they have no need to set themselves up for failure. We know the sponsorship and marketing side of the club is a shambles mate but currently theirs alot to be happy about, we have a strong squad, some of the best young players in barkley, lukaku, stones and mccarthy, just as much chance of finishing top 4 as anybody else, were top of our Europa league group and playing good football under a bright young manager. All I'm saying is Just enjoy it for now mate and let's see what happens eh?

I can't imagine EFC's lenders being ecstatic if the annual accounts were a fairy story, and an ill-disguised one at that.

I'm not suggesting any such thing, all the figures I've quoted (OK the £20m should really have been £17m) are correct and present in the accounts. I even said the headlines were technically correct but they don't tell the whole story. You have to delve deeper. Saying we've cleared £17m of debt is misleading when the figures in the accounts state it has actually increased by £1m. As I said it's all about definitions.

Kirkby was a disaster mate, but my argument again is right now we've just finished 5th last season, playing the best football we've played since the 80's, got the future poster boy of English football making his break through year on top of spending £28 million on one of the world's best young strikers, The last thing on fans minds right now is the stadium issue, therefore why would the board make a song and dance over a new stadium project if they know it's doomed to fail thus drawing criticism from the fans?

That's my argument mate the pressures off the board atm they have no need to set themselves up for failure. We know the sponsorship and marketing side of the club is a shambles mate but currently theirs alot to be happy about, we have a strong squad, some of the best young players in barkley, lukaku, stones and mccarthy, just as much chance of finishing top 4 as anybody else, were top of our Europa league group and playing good football under a bright young manager. All I'm saying is Just enjoy it for now mate and let's see what happens eh?

So be happy. It's sell to buy, business as usual.

We've just posted accounts which scream out huge increase in TV money (which all clubs will receive) plus a massive incoming transfer fee and very little else.

Personally I want a bigger stadium with much better facilities plus increased commercials. It doesn't have to be one or the other we can do this while enjoying the football side. Nil Satis and all that.

Last edited:
I'm not suggesting any such thing, all the figures I've quoted (Osell the £20m should really have been £17m) are correct and present in the accounts. I even said the headlines were technically correct but they don't tell the whole story. You have to delve deeper. Saying we've cleared £17m of debt is misleading when the figures in the accounts state it has actually increased by £1m. As I said it's all about definitions.

We've just posted accounts which scream out huge increase in TV money (which all clubs will receive) plus a massive incoming transfer fee and very little else.

Personally I want a bigger stadium with much better facilities plus increased commercials. It doesn't have to be one or the other we can do this while enjoying the football side. Nil Satis and all that.

Your post just proves my point mate, always looking to moan about something. Will we get a new stadium? Who knows but I'm not gonna whinge and stamp my feet when we very well might do. Sell to buy? You mean like baines leaving? Oh wait. you make good points pal but the fact nothing the board do until they sell up to some Arab prince is ever good enough for you. We all want those things but so does every club outside the top 3-4.

It must be sad being a supporter who constantly can't be happy, I'll rally against the board when I have to mate but right now things are going well so enjoy it

I'm not suggesting any such thing, all the figures I've quoted (OK the £20m should really have been £17m) are correct and present in the accounts. I even said the headlines were technically correct but they don't tell the whole story. You have to delve deeper. Saying we've cleared £17m of debt is misleading when the figures in the accounts state it has actually increased by £1m. As I said it's all about definitions.

A move to a new stadium will effect the football side as most clubs suffer the new stadium syndrome for at least a couple of seasons.

However Prem clubs in old stadia have realised that they have to move to compete financially with the big clubs.

I doubt you will have to worry just yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back