Everton make record profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFC's ground produces less match day revenue than Goodison even in its present state. 'Value' is never quite black and white.

Not sure your training ground in 'undoubtedly superior' to Everton's newer facility but as we're looking at value EFC's is leased as is common business practice. So cash injection when sold but overall greater lease cost over a period.

I accept that it's a bit of a daft comparison because the various values will never be realised, but I was simply trying to bring some perspective to GK's statement that the two clubs were in a similar financial state.

Having said that I shouldn't have automatically assumed that EFC's training facilities were inferior to the AOL - leased or not.

I take it this is before the Lukaku deal?

It isn't included in these accounts. Haven''t had a chance to have a good look but first impression is it's more Bill bluster. All PL sides will see increased turnover etc and the main driver is obviously media rights so I'm expecting most sides to announce similar 'good news'

The profit from player sales was 28.2 million. The profit in the year was 28.2 million.

We will be breaking even with the new deal excluding player sales.

They also reduced the net debt down by £27m as well though, which suggests that profits would have been far bigger.

Not sure that's true at all. Without the fellaini money they would still have been even or just in profit.

We are still operating at a loss.
We've definitely cut down the losses from when Short first took over mind. Wasn't last year only a £8million loss or something compared to about £35million in his first season. The problem is this cut in spending has had a pretty massive effect on the pitch.

They also reduced the net debt down by £27m as well though, which suggests that profits would have been far bigger.

From The Business Desk.com:

Operating profit before player trading came in at £23m, compared with just £700,000 in 2012/13. The Premier League TV deal generated broadcast revenue of £88.5m for the year, exceeding Everton's total turnover of £86.4m, for the previous year.

More happy that our debt has been reduced from £45 to £28 mil in a season tbh especially when you see clubs like Liverpool looked at by EUFA for the losses it's made in recent years and Utds total losses for their poor season last year.

We flogged felliani that year but also spent a good £20-25 mil or so on mccarthy, Kone, Robles and loan fee's for lukaku and barry

The big news is seeing how they will fund the new stadium. By sounds of it it's gonna be some form of project including housing, retail etc so providing they get investment from a 3rd party and/or naming rights sold I wouldn't be shocked if the club took a chunky loan out if we can be debt free come next season or so/looking good on paper borrow to from the banks

Last edited:
More happy that our debt has been reduced from £45 to £28 mil in a season tbh especially when you see clubs like Liverpool looked at by EUFA for the losses it's made in recent years and Utds total losses for their poor season last year.

We flogged felliani that year but also spent a good £20-25 mil or so on mccarthy, Kone, Robles and loan fee's for lukaku and barry

The big news is seeing how they will fund the new stadium. By sounds of it it's gonna be some form of project including housing, retail etc so providing they get investment from a 3rd party and/or naming rights sold I wouldn't be shocked if the club took a chunky loan out if we can be debt free come next season or so/looking good on paper borrow to from the banks

Lukaku may have been a bit salty at what £28m?, but you've still got a decent bunch of young and valuable players in your squad.

The new stadium malarkey poses some risk, but from an outsider's perspective, certainly at the moment anyway, EFC look to be in pretty damn good shape.

Lukaku may have been a bit salty at what £28m?, but you've still got a decent bunch of young and valuable players in your squad.

The new stadium malarkey poses some risk, but from an outsider's perspective, certainly at the moment anyway, EFC look to be in pretty damn good shape.

quite a few blues think the same mate that we over paid but for me he's worth every penny, I seen this stat last week after he scored against burnley:

"Romelu Lukaku has now scored 36 goals in the Premier League since 2012/13. Only Suarez (54), Van Persie (40) and Aguero (38) have more"

for a 21 year old who's still growing and developing as a player that's a phenomenal goal scoring record, especially as Suarez, RVP and aguero are all in their primes and you look at what suarez has just been sold for, what aguero would cost and what Van Persie would cost if he was a few years younger than what he is.

I'll be devastated the day we leave goodison mate you don't realise the memories you do have of a stadium, been taken by loved ones as a kid that are no longer here etc. I'll be gutted, but I think its vital in moving the club forward the obstructed seats and capacity I think hold us back and I think the day we move stadium is the day the board sell the club. They wont sell right now when they can double their money if we move stadium in a few years!

The gross debt has actually increased by £1m and we're still borrowing off VIBRAC as an advance for TV money.
Overall from what I can gather we are very slightly better off this year than last but it's just creative accounting and wholly thanks to BSkyB and BT. Commercial revenues have actually fallen which is criminal in 2014 in the PL
The new stadium won't happen mate with this board, they've failed twice prior and have no plan this time.

The gross debt has actually increased by £1m and we're still borrowing off VIBRAC as an advance for TV money.
Overall from what I can gather we are very slightly better off this year than last but it's just creative accounting and wholly thanks to BSkyB and BT. Commercial revenues have actually fallen which is criminal in 2014 in the PL
The new stadium won't happen mate with this board, they've failed twice prior and have no plan this time.

Although you should know better than me, your summary doesn't seem to fit with the articles I've read today.

quite a few blues think the same mate that we over paid but for me he's worth every penny, I seen this stat last week after he scored against burnley:

"Romelu Lukaku has now scored 36 goals in the Premier League since 2012/13. Only Suarez (54), Van Persie (40) and Aguero (38) have more"

for a 21 year old who's still growing and developing as a player that's a phenomenal goal scoring record, especially as Suarez, RVP and aguero are all in their primes and you look at what suarez has just been sold for, what aguero would cost and what Van Persie would cost if he was a few years younger than what he is.

I'll be devastated the day we leave goodison mate you don't realise the memories you do have of a stadium, been taken by loved ones as a kid that are no longer here etc. I'll be gutted, but I think its vital in moving the club forward the obstructed seats and capacity I think hold us back and I think the day we move stadium is the day the board sell the club. They wont sell right now when they can double their money if we move stadium in a few years!

Has Lukaku actually been any good this season? He's looked way off the pace in the games I've seen, I don't know if he's just a bit knackered from the last few seasons and his lack of break over the World Cup. His goal at the weekend was as jammy as you like. :)

Mate alot of our fans have to get over the past 2 stadium moves. Kings dock would of been brilliant and had it been in 2014 i think we would have had it secured (shame we were in a mess at the time) I think it came at the wrong time for us as a club. The kirby one was a shambles and thank god it failed through.

The reason why I'm optermstic is Joe Anderson tweeted about this around the time of the lukaku deal weeks before any talk of a stadium came to being, common talk amongst the residents around walton hall park seems to be a feeling that this proposal is alot further than what we're led to believe and realistically any opposition to a move won't succeed.

Just need to be positive mate, I'm pessimistic as it comes being a blue were used to fuck ups and empty promises from this board, the tv revenue is the main reason of course, and our sponsorship and kitbag deals are horrendous for where we are at the moment but things are looking up at the minute both on and off the pitch, I'm just enjoying it whilst we're doing relatively well as someone who's lived through the 80's then seen what we became in the 90's football can change awfully quick!

First of all, you seem to have lost it already. Didnt take long. A couple of points, a couple of questions and youre off on one.

Secondly what I am saying is that I would be singing his name from the rooftops if he had managed previous transfers credibly and not lurched from one policy to another. Why didnt he stop previous managers buying shite like Danny Graham (loads of other candidates on whom money has been frittered away on) and balanced the books in previous seasons? Where was our financial accumen then?

We go on like a kid in a sweet shop one minute and then go on like the kid crying on the steret corner because he cant buy any sweets the next, bleating on about poverty when we've wasted tens of millions of pounds on crap.

I'm all for financial credibility but considering we now have a weakened squad to execute this policy from, its clearly brinkmanship as to whether he can pull this off and maintain our top flight status. Clearly a small profit this year would be very welcome to offset the large losses in previous seasons.

Can a squad that includes; a goalie who has had his confidence shattered, ageing central defenders, midfielders who cant create chances and forwards who cant score goals, stay up? I hope so because using your scenario they are going to seemingly have to without a lot of help in the transfer market this season.

I agree, we seem to go from one extreme to another, We will never be as lucky as we were last season stopping up, and I believe we have an even weaker squad than last season so if we don't spend we will go down

Logon or register to see this image

Has Lukaku actually been any good this season? He's looked way off the pace in the games I've seen, I don't know if he's just a bit knackered from the last few seasons and his lack of break over the World Cup. His goal at the weekend was as jammy as you like. :)

He didn't have a pre season with us which didn't help and he's been playes out of position a few times/with a toe injury so not the ideal start to the season but has 4 in 9 games in the league so if he gets one tomorrow he's got a 1 in 2 ratio so far which is why we paid that sort of money for him I suppose. Haha thank god he scored it though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back