Everton fans making friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know Everton fans would be biased about it, but what I was going off was quotes from the French round about such as the one on the first page of this thread.
From a BBC correspondent
  1. "The atmosphere was really genial and then the police turned up in riot gear and it all kicked off. It was really shocking.
    "From what we can see the bottles were chucked after the tear gas was deployed.
    "We could feel the thud and boom in the café where we were having our lunch. The Everton fans were policing themselves.
    "A few kids - aged between 10 and 15 I would say - came running into the café with their parents, asking for water for their eyes because of the tear gas.
    "The French waiters were brilliant, helping everybody and the locals helped everybody who needed it."

And here's Margaret Heywood, a 54 year old woman who is a deputy head steward at Goodison Park:

"I travelled down with our supporters group. We left Liverpool at about nine last night and we've been here since early this morning.
    "We were all in the square, about 3,000 of us, there was no trouble, the flags were up, everyone was enjoying the day, and the next minute the police just started firing into the square.
    "It was awful, there were children, people in wheelchairs. They were firing rubber bullets, tear gas.
    "I saw a young lad on the floor, the rubber bullet got him in the ankle. There was a lad in a wheelchair and I was trying to get him out of the way.
    "I've never seen anything like this, I'm 54 and I go to all the matches."

From a BBC correspondent
  1. "The atmosphere was really genial and then the police turned up in riot gear and it all kicked off. It was really shocking.
    "From what we can see the bottles were chucked after the tear gas was deployed.
    "We could feel the thud and boom in the café where we were having our lunch. The Everton fans were policing themselves.
    "A few kids - aged between 10 and 15 I would say - came running into the café with their parents, asking for water for their eyes because of the tear gas.
    "The French waiters were brilliant, helping everybody and the locals helped everybody who needed it."

And here's Margaret Heywood, a 54 year old woman who is a deputy head steward at Goodison Park:

"I travelled down with our supporters group. We left Liverpool at about nine last night and we've been here since early this morning.
    "We were all in the square, about 3,000 of us, there was no trouble, the flags were up, everyone was enjoying the day, and the next minute the police just started firing into the square.
    "It was awful, there were children, people in wheelchairs. They were firing rubber bullets, tear gas.
    "I saw a young lad on the floor, the rubber bullet got him in the ankle. There was a lad in a wheelchair and I was trying to get him out of the way.
    "I've never seen anything like this, I'm 54 and I go to all the matches."

Bad crack that. TBF, all the Everton fans did on the video was throw a couple of bottles. That's the least you'd expect after having rubber bullets and tear gas fired at them

Isn't it amazing how so many of our fans talk about how bad all these fans of other clubs are whilst ours are all holier than though!
I remember a study a few year back stating our fans were the worst in premier league for bother!

Fairly certain that was the mags. We were actually the best behaved last season

Fairly certain that was the mags. We were actually the best behaved last season
http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2014-05-29/sunderland-fans-win-fair-play-award/
Isn't it amazing that we win best fan award for our behaviour and some of our 'fans' try and point out were the worst in the league.

Isn't it amazing how so many of our fans talk about how bad all these fans of other clubs are whilst ours are all holier than though!
I remember a study a few year back stating our fans were the worst in premier league for bother!
You need to have a good f***ing word with yourself,
Belittling our fans name and putting them down when they've won award for exactly the opposite of what you say.
If you really are a safc fan, then your pretty disgusting and obviously messed up

http://www.itv.com/news/tyne-tees/update/2014-05-29/sunderland-fans-win-fair-play-award/
Isn't it amazing that we win best fan award for our behaviour and some of our 'fans' try and point out were the worst in the league.

You need to have a good f***ing word with yourself,
Belittling our fans name and putting them down when they've won award for exactly the opposite of what you say.
If you really are a safc fan, then your pretty disgusting and obviously messed up

I very much doubt he his.

Got to be the worst European away I've been on. On the Eurostar now getting snarled at by 2 French tarts because I farted .

My mate got hit on the back of the head by a rubber bullet. Cracking shot tbf

Last edited:
Got to be the worst European away I've been on. On the Eurostar now getting snarled at by 2 French tarts because I farted .

My mate got hit on the back of the head by a rubber bullet. Cracking shot tbf
Did he bleed or was it just like a paint ball style welt?

Whey I know lads a couple of years below me coming into school with cuts and one with a broken nose because a group of everton fans jumped out their minibus at St Peters station and started lamping anyone in sight so aye, I think the women and kids bit may not be lies after all

After the quarter final replay by the way

Surrender monkeys
The French had 1.1 million men at the start of WW2 and they surrendered when the Germans threatened to flatten Paris, of course they then went on to all be heroes in the Resistance.
They did fairly well in the first bash though . Came of worst of all the major powers apart from Russia i think, might have had some impact on their stomach for it only 20 years later .

Whey I know lads a couple of years below me coming into school with cuts and one with a broken nose because a group of everton fans jumped out their minibus at St Peters station and started lamping anyone in sight so aye, I think the women and kids bit may not be lies after all

After the quarter final replay by the way
i saw enough to know they were at it that night, jumping out if minibuses and smacking 14-15 year olds walking with their mams. Thats women and kids in my book

They did fairly well in the first bash though . Came of worst of all the major powers apart from Russia i think, might have had some impact on their stomach for it only 20 years later .

Didn't Russia pull out of the war early coz they hated the Tsar and Lenin was about to take over? Historically Russia was always a shithole til Stalin effectively sacrificed millions of his own people to stabilise them.

i saw enough to know they were at it that night, jumping out if minibuses and smacking 14-15 year olds walking with their mams. Thats women and kids in my book

Year 11 when it happened so the lads in question would have been no older than 14.

Seem to remember a coach being attacked at Liverpool away with bairns and their parents on around the same time? Might be a scouse thing

Didn't Russia pull out of the war early coz they hated the Tsar and Lenin was about to take over? Historically Russia was always a shithole til Stalin effectively sacrificed millions of his own people to stabilise them.
Aye Russia was virtually feudal until then.
Just looked up some figures , France were 4th in terms of casualties behind Russia , ottoman empire and Germany but they lost a bigger percentage of manpower to population ( 4.29) than all but the ottomans who lost a whopping 13%. we lost 'only' 1.79%

Aye Russia was virtually feudal until then.
Just looked up some figures , France were 4th in terms of casualties behind Russia , ottoman empire and Germany but they lost a bigger percentage of manpower to population ( 4.29) than all but the ottomans who lost a whopping 13%. we lost 'only' 1.79%

Had one of "them" teachers in college when we had to study Russia from about 1850-1950 like so it's all second nature. I f***ing hate Scott Matthews.

This is brilliant!

Were they driving round with the windows blacked out looking for targets?

"We'll leave him he looks 16, too old"

"Look a 14 year old with his mother over there, pile out and batter him..."

How many 14/15 year olds go to the match with their mothers?

I went with friends at that age..

Whoever it is is a f***ing fruit loop.

That bmp1970 can stick a broken bottle up his arse as well

Are you going to do it like Rock?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back