English players are weak...we think we are making them men but we're creating babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

A spot on article especially regarding mental weakness.
There were other other issues namely team selection and tactics, but not being strong enough mentally is probably the most telling.
It's ironic really because overall I think the technique of English footballers has improved, yet they appear mentally and physically to be soft as shite.
I can remember when we didn't qualify for successive world cups in the seventies, when the Dutch and Germans really came to the fore. We were told we were still admired for our up and at them attitude, will to win and effort, but until we improved our overall technique we'd always struggle to win tournaments, because that alone wasn't enough.
Ironically while the academy system has been concentrating on improving those techniques somewhere along the line we've lost that ingrained English doggedness that we had, it simply isn't there anymore in most of our footballers.
I saw several several English players pull out of 50/50 tackles the other night Rooney and Wilshere among them, unforgivable.
I couldn't believe what I was seeing when Rooney pulled out of his 50/50 especially as the Icelandic player had just won a 50/50. Embarassing

Carragher who phoned a national radio station to offer out a radio presenter for a fight at the Liverpool training ground claims other players act like babies.

I'd agree with this and I can use myself as an example. When I left school my parents found me two apprenticeships which I quit after only a few months because I couldn't be arsed and wanted to sit on my arse talking to my mates on my xbox. This attitude left my dad particularly exasperated as he has worked his bollocks off since the day he left school. It wasn't till a few years later that I realised what an idiot I was. I don't think it would be much of a stretch to say the attitude I had then is still prevalent amongst a lot of young people.
Well said marra. Also I am sick of hearing the "if only we had been told it was bad or you" crap that also gets spouted as a lame excuse for nee backbone. Glad you managed to work it out.

If we had a winter break it would all be sorted the players would feel great going into a tourlement and not shattered and sick to death of playing every week

I don't believe this for a second, but some one at the fa our a manager will come out with it to defend the players
Poor lambs. It must be awful for them to have to play a game every week.

Oh .... wait a minute. Are they not footballers?

If that exhausts them they are not training properly . Or counting the unearned money is tiring them.

Beats me how playing a match can tire them. The get a lie down every time someone touches them - even with a feather. Maybe they find the feathers heavy when it is their turn hold them.

Domenic Solanke http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...ek-contract-plus-firstteam-role-a3233941.html

Also just read that the England players didnt go to the somme war memorial as the "performance director" thought it would be "too draining" for them!! Might have given some of these overpaid twats a bit of f***ing perspective!!
Well said

Last edited by a moderator:
Aside from the inept performance it was after full time which got to me.

The three players including hart lying about our 6 yard box pulling faces and twisting on like babies at the final whistle. Hodgeson went straight down the tunnel to resign -he should have been on the pitch playing war with his players. Eventually Rooney came and picked them up.

Hodgeson everyone knows your finished man! But take your medicine, answer for the team and offer your resignation to the fa in due course.

Apparently the fa are looking into our constant failure, well theres where to look. Gutless, obscenely overpaid, media entitled, self serving soft cocks -- manager included.

You are well beaten by a massive underdog what should happen is you stay on the pitch and clap them off. The game is done, at least try to retain some self respect and show some sportsmanship.
Pleased my kids had been packed off to bed well before I had to explain what a spineless bunch their national team were.

Obviously im disappointed with the result but that's a football game, the way they went on after is what ill remember.
when I look at this game and some of the fall out from the referendum it makes me worry about the yellow streak running through the national psyche at the minute.
Agree, we need to return our beautiful game to the children and people in our immediate community. Balls to the Chelsea and Citeh oil rich owners

Kids still aren't taught to play footy properly there is an emphasis of pace and power over skill and team work.

Iceland and Leicester have shown up the big boys.

The fa will have yet another review like after the last failure and the failure before that. St George's park was going to be an expensive difference because the French did something similar around 1994ish (clairefounteau?) and it may yet reap rewards in 10, 20 years but I wouldn't bank on it.

The prem league 'product' is more important to the makers and shakers.

Even the mentally stronger Gerrard, Terry, Lampard, Beckham, Ferdinand sides suffered from being spoilt self absorbed brats due to the way the press and their respective teams treat them like royalty. They were international failures too remember.

Overall Carragher is talking 95% shite, 4% misguided good intentions and 1% truth.

They are multimillionaire before they even reach playing for England, one time you had to work hard over seasons to get a sniff, now players can sit on the bench at top clubs and get a start..it's crazy
Wilshire played 141 minutes of club football last season

Good post, sums it up in a nutshell. Going on to your point of not having any leaders on the pitch it would have been interesting to see Cattermole in the team. I know people say he is not Good enough for England but going off that lacklustre performance he could at least put some fire in their bellies.
As for Woy I somehow can't picture him rallying the troops at half time.

I guarantee Cattermole would have done more than Dier and Wilshere did against Iceland
Defoe would have done more than Kane as well
Both will never get a chance because the England managers clearly don't watch Sunderlands games. It's f***ing obvious now.

England can simply fuck off for me

I guarantee Cattermole would have done more than Dier and Wilshere did against Iceland
Defoe would have done more than Kane as well
Both will never get a chance because the England managers clearly don't watch Sunderlands games. It's f***ing obvious now.

England can simply fuck off for me
Cattermole actually while I don't think is good enough is the type of player we need, someone to throw himself into tackles , the game was perfect for someone like him, our so called captain was gutless as the rest of them.

The self pitying and for-the-cameras lying around on the pitch and 'looking' dejected bit at the end of the game passed me right off. They didn't give a toss

If you are English and have ONE good performance on debut in the Premiership your almost guaranteed a 4/5 year deal probably trebling your current deal, its sickening.
Like Will Buckley

It's the lefty liberals, PC brigade and freaky feminists to blame. It's the day care generation, void of maternal love, desperate for attention and want everything now on a plate.

I think we nee to vote in Farage or someone even more extreme and then in ten years time we'll be world champions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back