English players are weak...we think we are making them men but we're creating babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hes right but im literally sick of hearing about them, The national team is boring and nothing comes close to following Sunderland.

Everything about the national team makes it almost impossible to passionately support them, Southern bias, Friendlies and qualifiers at a corporate Wembley, dull football, overpriced and overpaid footballers who cant lace the boots of other nations in skill or commitment yet prance around like they are gods gift.

This is exactly what I said earlier. We create celebrities first, footballers second. If you've been told how fantastic you are from the age of 7 how on earth can you deal with setbacks in adult life?

If you are English and have ONE good performance on debut in the Premiership your almost guaranteed a 4/5 year deal probably trebling your current deal, its sickening.

Hes right but im literally sick of hearing about them, The national team is boring and nothing comes close to following Sunderland.

Everything about the national team makes it almost impossible to passionately support them, Southern bias, Friendlies and qualifiers at a corporate Wembley, dull football, overpriced and overpaid footballers who cant lace the boots of other nations in skill or commitment yet prance around like they are gods gift.

If you are English and have ONE good performance on debut in the Premiership your almost guaranteed a 4/5 year deal probably trebling your current deal, its sickening.

Absolutely mate. Wasn't it Ravel Morrison who had 3 good games at the start of the season before last and had his wage trebled by West Ham? Where is he now?

This is exactly what I said earlier. We create celebrities first, footballers second. If you've been told how fantastic you are from the age of 7 how on earth can you deal with setbacks in adult life?
We all know that these guys are pampered, spoiled and overpaid. So what do they give back in return? Very little in the case of our club.

They are supposed to be professional footballers. Well, when Sam arrived at Sunderland he discovered that many of them (possible all) were not even fit. How professional is that?

In the ghastly game against Iceland the professionals who were supposed to be opening up Iceland by playing wide on each side repeatedly took the ball down the centre or very slightly to each side and once they were confronted by a defender they stopped, turned back and either passed the ball back to midfield or ran pointlessly along the edge of the penalty area. No attempt at all to take the defender on and reach the bye line to provide a cross to the centre. This against a supposedly pub team! I can only suppose that these so called professionals lack cojones and/or cannot kick a football with each of their feet. They train for about three hours a day. At the most. How about staying back and practising? Professionals? Don't make me laugh. Or perhaps these poor little dears were frightened of the nasty, rough Icelanders. It looked as though they were. Though why that should render Kane incapable of putting a corner beyond the first defender beats me. As does the decision to get a striker to take the corners, even one known to be firing blanks as he is.

Ok, Hodgson screwed up big time. But we saw 11 supposedly experienced professionals that lacked enough grey cells between them to work out that the when an opposing team is packing the goalmouth the idea is to tempt or draw them out, and get behind their defence. Hell's bells I learned that when I was at school. Their notion was to do a Colback and wander about from left to right about half way into the Icelandic half. Surely they could have taken enough time off listening to music to watch the previous Iceland games on the TV. Or could they just not be bothered? Perhaps if they had they then they might have learned about Icelandic throw-ins and actually stir up enough energy to defend them. Which they continued not to do even after they had conceded from one.

Both goals were ridiculous. We all know that. Professionals? Are they hell. Not a leader or a professional amongst them. They are a bunch of overpaid, over pampered kids who are not, I hope, the best that England can offer. But we may never know that because no Englishmen from any other club will ever be picked because their so call managers cannot be arsed to find out what else is on offer. I suppose £3.5 million a year is not a big enough salary to motivate the lazy bugger to take a few flights or train rides.

Ok. Rant over. I feel better now. I reckon I will go back to not watching England.

We all know that these guys are pampered, spoiled and overpaid. So what do they give back in return? Very little in the case of our club.

They are supposed to be professional footballers. Well, when Sam arrived at Sunderland he discovered that many of them (possible all) were not even fit. How professional is that?

In the ghastly game against Iceland the professionals who were supposed to be opening up Iceland by playing wide on each side repeatedly took the ball down the centre or very slightly to each side and once they were confronted by a defender they stopped, turned back and either passed the ball back to midfield or ran pointlessly along the edge of the penalty area. No attempt at all to take the defender on and reach the bye line to provide a cross to the centre. This against a supposedly pub team! I can only suppose that these so called professionals lack cojones and/or cannot kick a football with each of their feet. They train for about three hours a day. At the most. How about staying back and practising? Professionals? Don't make me laugh. Or perhaps these poor little dears were frightened of the nasty, rough Icelanders. It looked as though they were. Though why that should render Kane incapable of putting a corner beyond the first defender beats me. As does the decision to get a striker to take the corners, even one known to be firing blanks as he is.

Ok, Hodgson screwed up big time. But we saw 11 supposedly experienced professionals that lacked enough grey cells between them to work out that the when an opposing team is packing the goalmouth the idea is to tempt or draw them out, and get behind their defence. Hell's bells I learned that when I was at school. Their notion was to do a Colback and wander about from left to right about half way into the Icelandic half. Surely they could have taken enough time off listening to music to watch the previous Iceland games on the TV. Or could they just not be bothered? Perhaps if they had they then they might have learned about Icelandic throw-ins and actually stir up enough energy to defend them. Which they continued not to do even after they had conceded from one.

Both goals were ridiculous. We all know that. Professionals? Are they hell. Not a leader or a professional amongst them. They are a bunch of overpaid, over pampered kids who are not, I hope, the best that England can offer. But we may never know that because no Englishmen from any other club will ever be picked because their so call managers cannot be arsed to find out what else is on offer. I suppose £3.5 million a year is not a big enough salary to motivate the lazy bugger to take a few flights or train rides.

Ok. Rant over. I feel better now. I reckon I will go back to not watching England.
Excellent post!

You dont need to employ a 'great' or foreign manager and in fact, the quality of players is good.
What you need is a manager with self belief to pick players on form, not on who they play for.
Every manager in recent history lacked the self belief or, like the Italian, just could not be arsed.

Good post, sums it up in a nutshell. Going on to your point of not having any leaders on the pitch it would have been interesting to see Cattermole in the team. I know people say he is not Good enough for England but going off that lacklustre performance he could at least put some fire in their bellies.
As for Woy I somehow can't picture him rallying the troops at half time.

It's Carragher and it's the Daily Mail but some interesting thoughts on the current generation from someone who must have an idea of what's going on.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ar...making-men-creating-babies.html#ixzz4CueTXX8M
One of the most spot on articles I've read about modern footballers.

One of the things that pissed me off the most during and after the Iceland game was all the talk about England not practising defending throw-ins in the run up to the game. Jesus wept, if you're an international footballer, you shouldn't need to be spending time practising defending a f***ing throw-in - particularly in the run up to a last sixteen game in a European championship - because to get to that level you'd expect them to *know* how to defend against something so basic, having y'know encountered thousands of f***ing throw-ins to get to that point in their career, you know, to be at the pinnacle of their profession. It was absolutely pathetic.

They are multimillionaire before they even reach playing for England, one time you had to work hard over seasons to get a sniff, now players can sit on the bench at top clubs and get a start..it's crazy

Good post,mate. Says it all. We've produced a generation of players who have everything done for them,they are looked after from morning till night and they've lost the ability,if they ever had it,to think for themselves and take responsibility. Their coaches,their dieticians,their agents and the like make all their decisions....the only thing they have to think about is whether to get another tattoo before they buy the latest Ferrari or after.
Sickening!

Money is the root of all evil ,as the old saying goes . It couldn't be better illustrated by today's football . Kids of 18 earning a fortune in a year ,that would take the average working man a lifetime to earn . As soon as these kids survive the cut at youth level and sign as a professional, they think they've made it . Their work ethic drops off and they stagnate. A generalisation I know but pretty typical of the modern footballer in the British game.
You get the odd exception like Whatmore who bother to juggle an education with full time football , most seem happy to leave training after a couple of hours and get on social media.

Absolutely mate. Wasn't it Ravel Morrison who had 3 good games at the start of the season before last and had his wage trebled by West Ham? Where is he now?
this is where the media influence comes in.

at the time the media were giving Fergie pelters for letting him go. and west ham were going to reap the rewards thanks to big sams genius.

unsurprisingly his shit attitude rose again and off he want with his massive contract.

same logic that saw Nile Ranger continually be employed .

If we had a winter break it would all be sorted the players would feel great going into a tourlement and not shattered and sick to death of playing every week

I don't believe this for a second, but some one at the fa our a manager will come out with it to defend the players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back