England v Belgium Kick Off 7.45pm Channel 4

Tonight has no reflection on our defence as 75% of them weren’t playing. If shaw is fit it’s arguable if any of them will even play. You’re just looking for summit to twist about, we are a class team and will win the eueuros.
Sorry. Did you think my comment was simply based on tonight? :lol: Twist? I couldn't care less :lol:

Yes but we were at home and this time they are. It counts for a lot. Let’s be honest 66 at home we won it, 96 at home got to semis and probably played best football at times I can remember in tournament footy I have seen (was born in 72 so wasn’t about for 66 win), and then then got to final other year and blew it against an Italy team that we should have beaten.

I’m pleased you are confident and I hope you are correct and we win it. I’m just not convinced that Southgate knows how to get the best out of the gems he has to pick from. Against the bigger nations he goes all defensive instead of going for the jugular. And let’s face it our best form of defence is attack with this squad. If we moved it at pace and constantly pressed teams would shit a brick.

I keep thinking imagine Klopps philosophy with that England squad. If we don’t win we’d go out with a bang and excitement not a whimper.
Logon or register to see this image

Touché. I knew someone would bring that up.
Was a great night watching that with friends . I recall getting spannered that night.
It came back and bit us though when they got to the final and we limbed out in quarters against a ver bearable Brazil side that went down to 10 men. Typical England.
Probably one of my best nights watching England. Was absolutely smashed too. Few days recovery!

Well that was a much more entertaining game.
Belgium came to play football, Brasil came to spoil.
Our defence is absolutely shite :lol:
Liked the look of Konsa, would like to see him and Stones as our starting centre backs.
Hopefully James, Walker and Shaw can be 100% for June, as Goofy hasn't really considered blooding proper alternative full backs for these games.

Last edited:
Well that was a much more entertaining game.
Belgium came to play football, Brasil came to spoil.

Liked the look of Konsa, would like to see him and Stones as our starting centre backs.
Hopefully James, Walker and Shaw can be 100% for June, as Goofy hasn't really considered blooding proper alternative full backs for these games.
James shouldn't go as he cant be relied on

James shouldn't go as he cant be relied on
Why I said he should have used these games for that, I know he played Konsa at RB, but he is a CH really.
But he played Gomez both games...why? He can flatter to deceive as he is a decent footballer, but he is always going to gift the opposition a goal, doesn't stop blockhead from getting games mind. :lol:

It seams like the nation and press is in to bugging up England to be best in the world again...

Expecting a hard fall despite an easy group again.

Why I said he should have used these games for that, I know he played Konsa at RB, but he is a CH really.
But he played Gomez both games...why? He can flatter to deceive as he is a decent footballer, but he is always going to gift the opposition a goal, doesn't stop blockhead from getting games mind. :lol:
I fully agree about Gomez. This is the worrying thing about Southgate, arguably the 3 players that struggled v Brazil , Chilwell , Gallagher and Dunk, all got more game time last night ??
Those 3 hopefully will be disgraced at least for this tournament.

England played very well yesterday in parts - terrible mistakes at the back apart. The midfield trio of Rice Bellingham and Foden together with the addition of Mainoo looked dynamic along with the incisiveness of the front 2. A welcome change. Just the idea of Mainoo instead of Philips or Hendo is a million miles better.

Why didn't we get to look at Branthwaite?

Last edited:

Back