End of last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

si73

Striker
How can things become so shite so quickly?

At the end of last season we relegated the filth and pulled off another relegation swerve. We'd brought in some superb signings who slotted straight into the team, the squad as a whole seemed to be playing as a team and the football was a massive improvement on some of the dross that was being served up previously. We'd come into some coin thanks to Sky money, had a manager who seemed to be loving the fans and the challenge and most were looking forward to strengthening the squad so mid table mediocrity could be achieved by March/April next year.

Now I find myself (and I'm sure from reading on here I'm not the only one) skimming through threads telling me we've got Steve Bruce as bookies favourite (must be his mates in the media bigging this up shirley) to take over from BSA whose been poached by the FA, no one apparently is signing for us, rumours abound we've not got the money to sign loanees who apparently want to be here and the Club is sitting with its thumb up its arse waiting to see what's happening.

I know football is a (very) fickle mistress, even more so when you're a MLF, but this is taking the piss. Can we not sacrifice some mags off Wearmouth bridge or make burnt offerings of some smoggs on Roker Pier to appease the gods of football. The rumoured curse around our club appears to be still going strong.

I don't think things are shite in the slightest, our managers just got the England job and we're looking likely to be getting a very competent manager (moyes) in his place. We've a decent squad and plenty time for Moyes to assess and make additions. I don't know why everyone's so worried.

Things are hardly shite :lol:, not ideal preparation i admit but onwards and upwards with Moyes. Why would we be buying players when BSA was clearly leaving from the minute the England job became available, that is good work from the club not a negative.

If you think it's Bruce then I can maybe understand why you think it's shite.

As it's Moyes I'm optimistic and excited as anything for our future.

I'm probably just disappointed that what I hoped was going to be a summer of piss taking, basking in the glow of the team improving early doors and actually being focused come 1st game of the new season has descended into an enforced debacle.

I rate Moyes as a manager and think he could defiantly do the business here, my Everton supporting mate agrees wholeheartedly too, but how can what should've been a class summer SAFC wise now leave such a bitter taste? We must be the only team that shit like this happens too.

I still think we should make some human sacrifices to the gods mind.

How can things become so shite so quickly?

At the end of last season we relegated the filth and pulled off another relegation swerve. We'd brought in some superb signings who slotted straight into the team, the squad as a whole seemed to be playing as a team and the football was a massive improvement on some of the dross that was being served up previously. We'd come into some coin thanks to Sky money, had a manager who seemed to be loving the fans and the challenge and most were looking forward to strengthening the squad so mid table mediocrity could be achieved by March/April next year.

Now I find myself (and I'm sure from reading on here I'm not the only one) skimming through threads telling me we've got Steve Bruce as bookies favourite (must be his mates in the media bigging this up shirley) to take over from BSA whose been poached by the FA, no one apparently is signing for us, rumours abound we've not got the money to sign loanees who apparently want to be here and the Club is sitting with its thumb up its arse waiting to see what's happening.

I know football is a (very) fickle mistress, even more so when you're a MLF, but this is taking the piss. Can we not sacrifice some mags off Wearmouth bridge or make burnt offerings of some smoggs on Roker Pier to appease the gods of football. The rumoured curse around our club appears to be still going strong.
Get a grip mate. Don't believe everything in the media and certainly don't believe anything on here.

I don't think things are shite in the slightest, our managers just got the England job and we're looking likely to be getting a very competent manager (moyes) in his place. We've a decent squad and plenty time for Moyes to assess and make additions. I don't know why everyone's so worried.

Aye, think we are just getting Moyes at the right time, just hope he has enough time to get in the 3-4 players we need by the city game...

Get a grip mate. Don't believe everything in the media and certainly don't believe anything on here.

I don't believe everything in the msm at at all and obviously social media has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Or highly seasoned if its on here!:lol:
I'm just hoping Moyes gets announced sooner rather than later and during his press conference he the goes "and here's the first 4 new world class signings I've made." just to get the ball rolling if you'll excuse the pun.

I know we're getting Moyes, but everything is still up in the air as far as how we'll start the season. At least with Sam we had a guaranteed safe pair of hands taking us in the right direction.

It's rarely calm waters following Sunderland but I'm cautiously optimistic about this season which given the upheaval we've experienced yet again is quite something.

The last few games of 2015/16 demonstrated our first eleven are more than capable of competing with anyone in this league. Yes we've got to replace Yedelin and M'Villa but I can see the Frenchman returning (hopefully) and Yedelin can and will be replaced.

A key aspect of last seasons renaissance was the team spirit engendered in no small part by the introduction of KKK, all of whom will be raring to go into their first full premier league season, buoyed by a proper pre-season.

In Moyes we have an experienced man at the helm who will doubtless have good contacts within football. He'll have known about this job for a while now and I'm sure he'll know exactly what the squad needs before the window closes.

Three or four decent additions and I could see this being the best season we've had for some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back