Durham on Di Canio

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if they had good reason to do it?

If they put in a performance with different personnel/formation what happend under Paolo will count for diddly squat. I'm delighted the fucker is gone.

his position was untenable if the players were effectively threatening to strike
team selection and tactics were a dogs breakfast and post match interview were train wrecks.

yet i have this nagging doubt weve missed a trick thru his own naiveity.... about the the long term effects and fear were gonna revert back to type

the problem is one of methods and execution.

everything pdc was trying to change at the club had a basis in logic

fitness, diet, training rest. more professional attitude and cutting out safc drinking culture

then he got a rush of blood to the head and went tyrant.
ergo the application of that logic went bunny killer.

the upshot is that the culture that he was trying to revolutionize may raise its head again, or still even get worse

what we need now is to continue the revolution but do it in a way in which the players don't soil themselves

This is exactly right. PDC tried the right things, just got the execution so badly wrong.
For this reason I'd like to see Poyet pick up the rains. He'll keep a lot of those changes di Canio was trying to implement but hopefully in a more acceptable manner. We still need a task master at the helm I think[DOUBLEPOST=1380034589][/DOUBLEPOST]
Fuck me I always thought he hated us bit of sympathy for once off him

You don't think he's just trying to
A) be an attention seeker
B) wind out fans up against the players ahead of tonight's match ?

This is exactly right. PDC tried the right things, just got the execution so badly wrong.
For this reason I'd like to see Poyet pick up the rains. He'll keep a lot of those changes di Canio was trying to implement but hopefully in a more acceptable manner. We still need a task master at the helm I think
yeah mate you might be right poyet cut from the same cloth, just less mental?

The ginger twat has just called us a nothing club live on air whilst sat in our stadium

normally disagree with Durham but hes not far off there like - as it stands now our players are a f***ing laughing stock, and not very good at all to boot

I love the fact people use how much someone earns as a mark as to how much shit they should accept.
Paolo was a fuckwit who created an unhappy place to work.
by doing such terrible things as asking them to work 4 hours per day instead of 2? Bunch of lazy, overpaid, prima donna arseholes.

What happened to O'Shea saying it was no different to what happened at United?

Aye, it would be different if they were any good on the pitch, the whinging bairns.

This is it exactly - it beens 2 days now and Im still struggling to see how the fuckers have gotten away with what they have done - it will happen again and again and not 1 (probably cos we sold all the ones I rated) I would miss - they are lucky to play in the prem league as they have shown, some of them for 2/3 seasons now that they are dogshit when it comes to talent, cant stand them - still be supporting of course but that doesnt mean I have to like any of our players

Well, for good or bad, it's given all of us a better look at what goes on inside the club we love. Much of it isn't very pretty, whether it be manager bullying or players' entitlement and laziness.

Frankly it seems totally dysfunctional as a place of employment. Most of the time, as an organisation, we must be functioning at 50 per cent at best. That explains how we went from hopeless to the most successful team in the league for the first dozen games under MON. It wasn't luck. It was that we played as a team, committed and gave 100 per cent. Voila. we started winning.

Yet those same players couldn't win for toffee a year later. Easy to blame the manager but once the players started to slide into their own selfish ways the performance failed on the field. With Di Canio it happened in record time such was his abrasive nature.

The only hopeful thought is that it isn't therefore neccessarily a lack of ability - that if they can be arsed and a manager can get them to perfom for a whole season then we might actually win more than we lose. I'll cling to that faint hope.

Who knows what it is. We'll never hear the true story.[DOUBLEPOST=1380036566][/DOUBLEPOST]
I thought he was a mag?

He worked at the Ronnie Gill for a bit but is a Posh fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back