Dunkin Donuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hate LFC but im siding with them on this one. Whoever created this was being paid a lot of money to do it and to oversight something as sensitive as a disaster which cost people their lives is amateurish.

A community manager would've created it and they get paid next to fuck all.

I assume every club will be having a minutes silence this weekend for the loss of Duncan Donut another honest humble Liverpudlian legend?

I do feel like there is a lack of respect for Hillsborough in some quarters, I've read some threads on here over the last couple of years which really annoy me but I can understand why.

Liverpool are a terrible football club. They shirk any sort of responsibility (not referring to Hillsborough or Heysel), it is always somebody else's fault as we saw during the years when Suarez was racially abusing and biting fellow professionals and they have a sense of entitlement that makes your stomach churn. Fortunately, their lack of self awareness leads to all sorts of hilarity.

The Hillsborough disaster is associated with Liverpool FC by most people but it was the whole City that was affected.

Dunkin Donuts are an official partner of Liverpool. I'm sure they were all in agreement before doing the promotion that such imagery would be used.

Carver getting upset at Villa fans having a laugh, Scousers getting upset at Dunkin Donuts, us lot getting upset at too many nil nil draws where will it end, where will it end

I hate LFC but im siding with them on this one. Whoever created this was being paid a lot of money to do it and to oversight something as sensitive as a disaster which cost people their lives is amateurish.

WTF? How are the 2 things even linked?

Hoping I'm being wooshed here like!!

Mental. If anyone ever does a mock-up our badge do we get offended for the loss of life of miners down Wearmouth?

Exactly. Got fuck all to do with any of that, people just looking for something to be outraged with.

I do feel like there is a lack of respect for Hillsborough in some quarters, I've read some threads on here over the last couple of years which really annoy me but I can understand why.

Liverpool are a terrible football club. They shirk any sort of responsibility (not referring to Hillsborough or Heysel), it is always somebody else's fault as we saw during the years when Suarez was racially abusing and biting fellow professionals and they have a sense of entitlement that makes your stomach churn. Fortunately, their lack of self awareness leads to all sorts of hilarity.

The Hillsborough disaster is associated with Liverpool FC by most people but it was the whole City that was affected.
Then you must have been reading a different forum to me. I've been on here for 10 years in this guise and probably 5 before that in another. So around 15 years and I don't recall reading anything showing a lack of respect for those who died at Hillsborough. Most football supporters and certainly those of a certain age like me know that it could have been any of us that day.

As for your last paragraph:
'The Hillsborough disaster is associated with Liverpool FC by most people but it was the whole City that was affected'

Words fail me, are you suggesting it would be wrong to show a lack of respect because it affected the whole City not just LFC? Of course people associate it with LFC, they were LFC supporters just as everybody associates the Ibrox disaster with Rangers supporters and the Bradford fire with Bradford City supporters but that's no disrespect to the other Glaswegians or Bradfordians that were affected.

Then you must have been reading a different forum to me. I've been on here for 10 years in this guise and probably 5 before that in another. So around 15 years and I don't recall reading anything showing a lack of respect for those who died at Hillsborough. Most football supporters and certainly those of a certain age like me know that it could have been any of us that day.

As for your last paragraph:
'The Hillsborough disaster is associated with Liverpool FC by most people but it was the whole City that was affected'

Words fail me, are you suggesting it would be wrong to show a lack of respect because it affected the whole City not just LFC? Of course people associate it with LFC, they were LFC supporters just as everybody associates the Ibrox disaster with Rangers supporters and the Bradford fire with Bradford City supporters but that's no disrespect to the other Glaswegians or Bradfordians that were affected.

I've seen it on here many a time and to be fair, there's lots of posters on here who argue with the people showing a lack of respect. Whenever it's the anniversary of the Bradford fire or Heysel then somebody mentions Hillsborough in a bad light.

What I'm suggesting is that because Liverpool are among the most hated clubs in the country, Hillsborough becomes a stick to beat them with when the whole disaster is way more important than football.

http://readytogo.net/smb/threads/hillsbrough-vs-bradford-fire.905636/

http://readytogo.net/smb/threads/anniversary-of-the-bradford-fire.780875/

http://readytogo.net/smb/threads/bradford-fire.904410/

Last edited:
I've seen it on here many a time and to be fair, there's lots of posters on here who argue with the people showing a lack of respect. Whenever it's the anniversary of the Bradford fire or Heysel then somebody mentions Hillsborough in a bad light.

What I'm suggesting is that because Liverpool are among the most hated clubs in the country, Hillsborough becomes a stick to beat them with when the whole disaster is way more important than football.
Well then maybe your opinion of what shows a lack of respect is different to mine. I can accept that but I'm still baffled by the point you are making about it affecting the whole of the City rather than just LFC. How does that change anything? Are you suggesting it should be treated differently because of this? It was a tragedy, people lost their lives and quite frankly the club, City or even national allegiance of those affected doesn't change that one iota.

Well then maybe your opinion of what shows a lack of respect is different to mine. I can accept that but I'm still baffled by the point you are making about it affecting the whole of the City rather than just LFC. How does that change anything? Are you suggesting it should be treated differently because of this? It was a tragedy, people lost their lives and quite frankly the club, City or even national allegiance of those affected doesn't change that one iota.

No I'm suggesting that if it happened to a club which wasn't so disliked then the minority of people wouldn't say the negative things they do about it. I just think some of those people fail to realise that it affected more than Liverpool FC and fail to see the bigger picture.

Exactly this. Everton fans and people who don't even care about football were effected by the tragedy.
The thing that makes me laugh and also feel angry and sick is that it feels like Liverpool use it as a promotion tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back