Duncan Watmore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duncan is the least of our problems, he's not quite there but looks as if he will improve enough to be decent for us. The lack of work from Januzaj is putting pressure on the rest of the players, we simply can't carry a passenger at the moment.

Duncan is the least of our problems, he's not quite there but looks as if he will improve enough to be decent for us. The lack of work from Januzaj is putting pressure on the rest of the players, we simply can't carry a passenger at the moment.
At least Januzaj creates chances. Watmore creates fuck all. Dribbles, gets the crowd excited, loses ball. Everyone lets him off.

At least Januzaj creates chances. Watmore creates fuck all. Dribbles, gets the crowd excited, loses ball. Everyone lets him off.

He created one of the goals in our last game, in which he was one of our best three players.

Different class that. Very impressive role model for lads and lasses into football who are in education.

Thought he was good on Saturday. The 8 pillocks behind him and Defoe however.....(not including Pickford)

took the missus (no) because i had a spare ticket on Saturday 'ahhh ffs here we go' was my reaction when he came on. 'well you don't know much I think hes done well' was what I got off her after about an hour.

Typical response from someone that doesn't understand the fundamentals and knock on effects of having a player in your team that doesn't work. Not everyone 'lets Watmore off' quite the opposite, his flaws are brought up more than anyone elses. Comments about his flaws are mainly accurate but only relevant once we have a team full of players that give you the basics in terms of 100% effort and commitment. Until then people should save their anger for those players that dont give a shit.

He did well against Palace imo. Not his biggest fan as a footballer but you can't knock his effort and determination.

he's very very frustrating, imo he runs with his head down and usually fumbles past players not really knowing what he's doing and when he does get past them it's even more infuriating that no mare than 20% of his crosses beat the first man.

Gets a real battering on here for doing what Moyes tells him to do. Can we not just concentrate on his positive traits rather than destroying his confidence with uncalled for criticism? He's having a go , obviously cares about the club and its fans unlike several others who are beyond reproach.

What a stupid post .
So the fact that watmore's shot hit the defender is because a fan in t he crowd shouted shoot . Ffs man focus on how shit watmore is and has been . Sounds like t he fella behind you knows more than you.

I didn't say that was the reason he shot, I just said that the person wanted him to from a ridiculous angle (and he wasn't the only one shouting it) and then seemed pissed off when it was easy for the defender to block because the angle was so narrow.

Seems like you're that type. Don't worry, everyone around you thinks you're a prat if you're doing this all match.

Really seems like a nice lad, like.

The debate over his ability... regardless of what you say about his final ball he causes the opposition problems. About half of the free kicks we won last week were from fouls on Watmore. He does need some guidance to develop his game, but this is a lad who has barely started 20 first team games yet. Why write him off already?

Really seems like a nice lad, like.

The debate over his ability... regardless of what you say about his final ball he causes the opposition problems. About half of the free kicks we won last week were from fouls on Watmore. He does need some guidance to develop his game, but this is a lad who has barely started 20 first team games yet. Why write him off already?
People love to criticise young first team players , Henderson used to get loads of abuse , some of our fans absolutely thrive off giving out as much criticism as possible and always hoping that they can say ' I told you so ' .

Getting better the more he plays but he still needs to start looking up when is in in and around the box and picking out easy passes if it looks like he is going into trouble.

Class act the letter though. Like the lad. Not his fault he is being thrown right in the deep end in a misfiring team and getting pelters for not being a ready made winger.

Reactions: Dsb

apart from the assist on Saturday you're absolutely bang on. :rolleyes:

People love to criticise young first team players , Henderson used to get loads of abuse , some of our fans absolutely thrive off giving out as much criticism as possible and always hoping that they can say ' I told you so ' .

this is so close to the truth it's unbelievable. Almost like some of our fans don't feel like real Sunderland fans unless they've found an excuse to whinge to their pal in the pub.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back