Drinking in View of the Pitch E-Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signed! Everyone (18+) should be allowed to drink anywhere at any time I reckon, the fuzz get paid plenty, it'll give them something to do.

Signed! Everyone (18+) should be allowed to drink anywhere at any time I reckon, the fuzz get paid plenty, it'll give them something to do.

What? :confused::confused: Since when did people breaking the rules become a Police matter? It's the Steward's who are the front line men and take all the abuse. The police merely just put cuffs on them after the Steward has been abused to fuck

I go out on matchdays at half 12ish and stay out usually until the early hours, certainly very rare that I'm home and finished before midnight. Dread to think the states I'd end up in if they allowed drinking during the match as well.

Saying that I'd just have to resist and only have one at half time like I do now.

Top lad this fella, does it properly.

This is exactly why the petition won't work, if you allow drinking while in view people will end up drunk which is also in breach of the Sporting Events act (1985) - Drinking while in view is not a Football offence act (1991) it's a Sporting events act.
What they do here for big games is restrict how many beers you can buy. So before the game 4 . First half it goes to 2 then second half bars close with 30 mins to play. Doesn't stop people getting hammered of course

An e-petition is gonna make this happen? :lol:
Maybe, maybe not. In an election year, anything can happen.

It is extra drink, because no one would just grab "1 drink" - they'd grab 3 or 4 to prevent them running back and forth and within the 3 or 4 drinks some people can hack it, some people can't. And the people who can't are breaching yet another law within the Sporting Events Act by being drunk within a Football ground.

It is probably impossible to re-consider the law unless they'd re-consider the Entering a Football Ground whilst intoxicated law also.
If service was better and clubs introduced cashless (See below) you wouldnt have queues so there would be no need to buy 3 or 4.

Just want terraces back, can go 90 mins without a pint
Did you sign the e-petition for this?

Number of signatures '9'.

This is going to take a while. :lol:
16 - Nearly there!

Last edited:
What they do here for big games is restrict how many beers you can buy. So before the game 4 . First half it goes to 2 then second half bars close with 30 mins to play. Doesn't stop people getting hammered of course

Same with Derby Day and Alcohol bans in the City Center - People will always find a way around it.
At the end of the day it should always be a casual atmosphere at the SoL, not a breeding ground for pissheads. There's nothing stopping the club from banning it even if the law passed as a stadium rule as they can stamp their own authority (Like they've done with E-Cigs)

Is the ban on alcohol in view of the pitch just at professional level? I was at a match between 2 non-league (not pub teams - police were present) teams recently and lots of people were drinking around the perimeter of the pitch.

Is the ban on alcohol in view of the pitch just at professional level? I was at a match between 2 non-league (not pub teams - police were present) teams recently and lots of people were drinking around the perimeter of the pitch.

Great question - But it doesn't apply to Conference North/South or below teams or FA Cup preliminary rounds.

Great question - But it doesn't apply to Conference North/South or below teams or FA Cup preliminary rounds.
Cheers. I was wondering about that. I must admit that I don't usually bother with a beer at the match as I don't like it if I have to rush it to see kick-off. Having had beer watching the rugby, it was nice to have one at the footy.

Same with Derby Day and Alcohol bans in the City Center - People will always find a way around it.
At the end of the day it should always be a casual atmosphere at the SoL, not a breeding ground for pissheads. There's nothing stopping the club from banning it even if the law passed as a stadium rule as they can stamp their own authority (Like they've done with E-Cigs)
Agreed. I think most clubs would allow it in hospitality areas etc but maintain at least some restrictions in general seats.

Signed

The power of this place can get this law changed.
Get it shared
To make it actually happen, someone would have to use that there Twitter and get some celeb to support it. I care about it, not that much.

Last edited:
Something wrong with people if they can't go 45-90 minutes without a drink on a Saturday afternoon ffs.

A matchday experience at the SoL is shit enough at the minute without being covered in cheap lager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back