Drinking in View of the Pitch E-Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

the 90 minutes sobering up time at the match is essential to me going the distance on the session
Agreed, I just think I should have the choice. Election year is a great opportunity to push through a good piece of shameless populist vote winning legislation.

Christ, can they revise the Football (Offences) Act 1991 while they're at it? Dogshite piece of legislation that.
Set up the e-petition, tell the government what you want them to do about it and away you go.

I go out on matchdays at half 12ish and stay out usually until the early hours, certainly very rare that I'm home and finished before midnight. Dread to think the states I'd end up in if they allowed drinking during the match as well.

Saying that I'd just have to resist and only have one at half time like I do now.

I go out on matchdays at half 12ish and stay out usually until the early hours, certainly very rare that I'm home and finished before midnight. Dread to think the states I'd end up in if they allowed drinking during the match as well.

Saying that I'd just have to resist and only have one at half time like I do now.

This is exactly why the petition won't work, if you allow drinking while in view people will end up drunk which is also in breach of the Sporting Events act (1985) - Drinking while in view is not a Football offence act (1991) it's a Sporting events act.

Nah, getting covered in Fosters when we score a goal is not my idea of fun. I'm happy with the current law.
The council and club should have the opportunity to decide under which circumstances alcohol should be served. For example, in executive areas, not family areas etc. Special drink containers exist which do not spill, perhaps they could be used as well.

The council and club should have the opportunity to decide under which circumstances alcohol should be served. For example, in executive areas, not family areas etc. Special drink containers exist which do not spill, perhaps they could be used as well.

I think we're fine as it stands. The drink containers just have plastic lids that everyone takes off anyway.

It's weird in Germany, feels like people don't celebrate goals as madly as you would expect because they're trying not to spill their pints. It's absolute carnage at times at the back of the south stand, you'd come out of games absolutely soaked to the bone in lager.

This is exactly why the petition won't work, if you allow drinking while in view people will end up drunk which is also in breach of the Sporting Events act (1985) - Drinking while in view is not a Football offence act (1991) it's a Sporting events act.
It would slow down the drinking. How many times have you seen people necking their last pint at 2.55 and two at half time because they cant drink more sensibly and pace themselves during the game. I don't think people would drink any more after the novelty had worn off. Remember, you couldn't drink at all at Roker Park and you don't see any more drunkenness at the SOL than you did in the Fulwell End

I think we're fine as it stands. The drink containers just have plastic lids that everyone takes off anyway.

It's weird in Germany, feels like people don't celebrate goals as madly as you would expect because they're trying not to spill their pints. It's absolute carnage at times at the back of the south stand, you'd come out of games absolutely soaked to the bone in lager.
Dont sit in the South Stand if you dont want to have the full lager-soaking experience.

It would slow down the drinking. How many times have you seen people necking their last pint at 2.55 and two at half time because they cant drink more sensibly and pace themselves during the game. I don't think people would drink any more after the novelty had worn off. Remember, you couldn't drink at all at Roker Park and you don't see any more drunkenness at the SOL than you did in the Fulwell End

How would it slow down the drinking? You're allowed to drink as much as you want if you're stupid enough to pay £4.50 for a pint of out-dated Fosters, but once you're stumbling about you're breaking an arrestable offence. The law is there as a warning sign to slow down drinking - If it ain't broken don't fix it.

I dont have a problem about not drinking on a match day "in view of the pitch" however what does annoy me that when i have been to the concerts (all of which have had crowds of over 50k) you can drink, stand and dance about. Also if the rugby world cup was to come to the sol you would also be able to drink in view of the pitch. Whats the difference??

Dont sit in the South Stand if you dont want to have the full lager-soaking experience.

And miss out on the best atmosphere in the stadium?

It definitely doesn't slow down the drinking either, you just end up drinking pints all the way through the game, they even have lasses serving you in your seat so you don't need to queue.

I think there's plenty of things we can copy from the Germans/Europeans in terms of fan experience, but this is one I'm happy to see kept away.

I dont have a problem about not drinking on a match day "in view of the pitch" however what does annoy me that when i have been to the concerts (all of which have had crowds of over 50k) you can drink, stand and dance about. Also if the rugby world cup was to come to the sol you would also be able to drink in view of the pitch. Whats the difference??

Sporting Events Act (1985) only applies to Football. Rugby/Concerts doesn't come into this - Neither do Scottish stadiums.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back