• Thread starter Deleted member 28618
  • Start date

Do You Have A Nectar Card?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28618

Ok - Personally I don't - It gets on my goat when I visit any place that asks - more specifically 'The Orange Supermarket' - It got me thinking ..just how many people do have a Nectar Card! - yes , sad but true.
I think that if you do have a Nectar Card the you should be given a free 'Visitor Necklace' type thing to wear when you go to the checkout.

Do you have one?

Yes as I spent thousands in homebase. I think ive enough points for a plastic bucket and spade now...

have one, never use it - can't afford to shop in Sainsburys ;)

Yes. Saved my points up and cashed them in when I decorated my sons room and got the wallpaper, flooring and light fitting for free :D

Collected them on shopping in Homebase and Sainsburys (food and diesel) and using the extra points vouchers they send in the post or give you at the till.

Has anyone ever actually used the points?
Several times. Largest purchase was 36000 points which bought my iPod Classic 120gb at Argos (£179.99 worth)

Don't save them now as all the main companies dropped out of the scheme ages ago. Back then I got 5000 points for opening a savings account or changing electric supplier etc. Barclaycard, AMEX.

Aye, get extra points on some stuff or offers on others. Saving points or cash value for a rainy day and while each shop seems like it dont add much mounts up over the years.
tend to only get offers there tho as otherwise not cheap apart from in penrith on way over to van where not so much competition

Why would you not have one? You can use and earn points in loads of places. I bought a Kindle with my points last week.

Why would you not have one? You can use and earn points in loads of places. I bought a Kindle with my points last week.
I choose not to have one because the reward is shite - and they really just want to keep tabs on your buying habits etc - I don't think the trade off is worth it - Its a bit like Tescos's and their scheme by giving you a till receipt saying 49p off next shop - just give me the 49 p off instead of trying to play with my head

So far - I'm really surprised - I get angry when I get asked - next time I'm just ganna say No, Have you? just to keep the conversation going, because its a right conversation stopper at the moment

I choose not to have one because the reward is shite - and they really just want to keep tabs on your buying habits etc - I don't think the trade off is worth it - Its a bit like Tescos's and their scheme by giving you a till receipt saying 49p off next shop - just give me the 49 p off instead of trying to play with my head

mate, they're really not that interested in you. we use ours for petrol, Sainsbury and homebase. collect the multipliers and freebies and I may get the odd advert through the post. so far I have probably collected and spent >£500 worth of nectar points. as mr @Typhoonftm says, why would you not have one?

I've got mine linked to most of my families eBay account so make a load of points from that, I'll fill up for fuel at BP too who usually do double or triple points, plus I use the nectar app to find other ways to get more points.
I've heard some good nectar card scam stories from a friend that worked for Sainsburys, just before she left someone working on the Nectar dept got arrested for giving himself £80k worth of points (not all at once).

Have had one for about 15 years, usually use my points to get a DVD or sometimes use my points when buying stuff at Argos. Usually collect them when I fill the car up, book a ferry with Stenaline etc. lost track how many points I have used over the years, if I had collected might have been able to get something really decent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back