Dembele to Celtic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Few European games, get spotted, move on.
Makes perfect sense imo and as others pointed out it's helped a fair few players recently
Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate if a was a young footballer the last place I would goto better my career would be Scotland! You may aswel stay in a lower league in England it's the same standard. You've got to remember the likes of stokes, samaras, couldn't hit a barn door in prem yet look like world beaters up in Scotland!

Everyone's entitled to an opinion mate if a was a young footballer the last place I would goto better my career would be Scotland! You may aswel stay in a lower league in England it's the same standard. You've got to remember the likes of stokes, samaras, couldn't hit a barn door in prem yet look like world beaters up in Scotland!
Lower league in England don't get European games, somewhat missing the point I made.
A few decent performances at that level, he will move on. Far more exposure to playing against top players, even in those few games, than kicking around the Championship.

Joke for Fulham like. Always the danger the player could go to a different country after running down their contract.

Doubt he'll stay at Celtic long before going back to England

His best marra who he played with at Fulhams academy is on loan from City to Celtic for the whole of next season. Surprise surprise.

They wanted to loan him back and spurs didn't so it broke down. Their own fault I suppose, Celtic are a stepping stone at the minute. Hopefully we can be more consistent in Europe to lessen that.

The lad is really only into his second proper season good on him wanting to develop for a year or 2 before moving to more competitive league in aides that can challenge in Europe.
See above.

His best marra who he played with at Fulhams academy is on loan from City to Celtic for the whole of next season. Surprise surprise.

See above.

Patrick Roberts? Didn't understand his move to Celtic either

See above.
Helps make a decision for him.Roberts will get nowhere at city for a while though. Demeble would get nowhere at PSG/Chelsea/Arsenal.

Roberts has already been a revelation and I'd never heard of him when we signed him. Dembele hopefully will too and we own him.

Young lads choosing game time to show themselves off.

Helps make a decision for him.Roberts will get nowhere at city for a while though. Demeble would get nowhere at PSG/Chelsea/Arsenal.

Roberts has already been a revelation and I'd never heard of him when we signed him. Dembele hopefully will too and we own him.

Roberts came on for 10-15mins against us at the Cottage in the LC when the Argentinian feller who the arguement with Romas about did well. Roberts played a lovely pass with his first posession then did nowt.

Lower league in England don't get European games, somewhat missing the point I made.
A few decent performances at that level, he will move on. Far more exposure to playing against top players, even in those few games, than kicking around the Championship.
Bale, Ramsey, Robbie Keane, Walcott, to list a few played lower league and have had great careers.

It's obvious why he signed. The lure was irresistible.....

....Steven Fletcher might go there. Who wouldnt want to play with such a legens.

Bale, Ramsey, Robbie Keane, Walcott, to list a few played lower league and have had great careers.

Nothing to do with that really. You could use the likes of Wanyama, Ki Seung-Yeung as examples of getting exposure on the European stage and ending up Premier League players after a few years.

Exactly and the prospects of CL football is a big positive for them.

I think its a great move, he'll be in the first team, in the CL and be getting experience.

A much better move than the likes of Tottenham and Man City, where he'd sign, not get a sniff and be loaned out next summer...

Fair play to him

Seems like a backward move in my book. He's been playing in a ultra competitive league and now will have 4 or 5 toughish games a season at best playing in front of mostly shitty crowds.
Lack of ambition I think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back