Defoe's Stats

Status
Not open for further replies.

It would help if he tried to lose the centre half by not leaning on them half the time, giving better options other than a lumped up high ball.
We do so many things that are blatantly obvious to see that don't help, yet they are never addressed.

I do wonder what the fuck managers/coaches are actually paid for.

See, in the offseason, to make this work, we needed an attacking midfielder or forward who could play alongside him at times to create chances, a bit like (dare I say it) AJ only better and not a 15yr old fingerer. As we didn't get that, we have no plan B now that it's not working. We shouldn't (and f***ing can't!) drop Defoe because he's our only source of goals, but we have no outlet and very little chance of creating much else while he's the only one up front. We are in catch 22. We'll go down with him up front on his own, but we have no alternative, so we'll just slowly bleed out of the Premier League.

I think opposing defenders know that he is frustrated and they are doing a good job of making his life hard, knowing he'll get to 55mins in and pretty much give up.

Suppose you can massage stats either way. I know one thing, he must be starting to get pissed off with this shite every week.

Seems quite pissed off with Furious D's passing ability lately. Works his socks off but is far less effective than James McClean.......and we keep doing this......getting rid of average players yet dumbing down further with their replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back