Defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf mate, I wouldn't worry about how the pressure will affect him mentally, providing he's for he will score goals.

Keeping a 33/34 year old fit for a full season will be the hard part.
Everything will be fine until the goals dry up, then the pressure will kick in. He also suffers from hamstring niggles, so yes, keeping him fit will also be a test.

Don't think the mental stuff effects him at all, he's said several times he relishes the responsibility, injuries aren't something anyone can foresee but there's young lads who can step up if needed, a bit of faith needs to be shown in them imo.
I get where you're coming from mate but there's a different pressure from being number one, to being the only one. Like you say, hopefully one of the young'uns can step up but we really shouldn't find ourselves in this predicament.

Everything will be fine until the goals dry up, then the pressure will kick in. He also suffers from hamstring niggles, so yes, keeping him fit will also be a test.
Providing he stays fit I don't think the goals will dry up. He's f***ing class.

Moyes said he was struggling with a thigh injury as well which makes it even more ridiculous

Ulloa would have been good for us won't get a look in at Leicester now
No doubt we will never know or only get to hear the odd snippet, but I wonder if we were even close to getting Ulloa or anyone else for that matter. I'm fully expecting various sound bites about how we were quoted outrageous figures for players etc.

we'll bring in a free transfer in. it's probably been the plan all along

No doubt we will never know or only get to hear the odd snippet, but I wonder if we were even close to getting Ulloa or anyone else for that matter. I'm fully expecting various sound bites about how we were quoted outrageous figures for players etc.

Thats what happens when things are left to the last minute

I wouldn't be surprised to see Victor Anichibe sign in the next few days.

If we are relying on them for a chunk of the season we will be relegated. Mark my words.

We got massively lucky with his fitness last year.

Altidore played 50 games for us and we didn't manage to get relegated - and he was far worse than any of them - though I agree Borini's injury makes me pray for Defoe to stay fit for every match even more than usual...

If this little beauty gets injured for a significant spell this season we start next season in the championship in my opinion.

We're relying on a soon to be 34 year old to stay fit all season with no back up. How the fuck has it came to this?!

All season? The window opens again in 4 months :)

If this little beauty gets injured for a significant spell this season we start next season in the championship in my opinion.

We're relying on a soon to be 34 year old to stay fit all season with no back up. How the fuck has it came to this?!
For four months until the window reopens, and btw if he doesn't get injured then I assume we're ok?

All season? The window opens again in 4 months :)
Good point. Still wouldn't surprised if we get an Anichibe type in and risk Defoe for the full season.

For four months until the window reopens, and btw if he doesn't get injured then I assume we're ok?

We stand a 100 times better chance than with any of the other choices. You can't seriously think this was anything other than a huge gamble. Russian roulette at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back