Defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

15 for the season, can he do it? I remember thinking he was mental and would manage double figures at best.

I don't get the negativity and derision, hes came out and said he wants to bag 20 goals, even if its for his own gain, its still something that will push him on, and therefore push on the entire team.

It makes fitting in easier on here ;)

People shy away from being enthusiastic & optimistic because it's an open invitation to abuse & derision.

I remember when enthusiasm & optimism were actually encouraged ......... how times change.

15 for the season, can he do it? I remember thinking he was mental and would manage double figures at best.
Hope he does and his goals keep us up! Who was it stated that swapping altidore for Defoe was terrible business. His value if anything has increased because of this season and he's spent a lot of it on the bench or out wide. Makes his tally even more remarkable!

Funny how players fall out with managers over time...
Sure I read something recently that said Defoe didn't enjoy playing for Dick
Or maybe he was towing the line whilst Dick was inside.

Remember not long after Allardyce took over, he said he was over the moon to be doing 11 a side training games instead of 5's/6's.

If he scores another 5 we are safe I reckon
At least 2 hat tricks left in him.

11 in the league
Its already his J3rd best season
If he gets to 13 that will equal his second best season ever in the Premier League

His best return was 18... cant see him getting there

mad for someone so exceptional that he has never really had what you'd call an exceptional season. 18 goals is a decent return, 13 is hardly ower special.

he is one of the top scorers in the premiership era but

mad for someone so exceptional that he has never really had what you'd call an exceptional season. 18 goals is a decent return, 13 is hardly ower special.

he is one of the top scorers in the premiership era but

Was he a regular starter at Spurs though? I always remember him being used as more of a sub but I could be wrong.

Was he a regular starter at Spurs though? I always remember him being used as more of a sub but I could be wrong.

that's how i remember it too. presume he must've had a season or two of being first choice though?

i find it surprising that he put up with being a sub for so long, tbh he always struck me as far too arrogant for that... does seem like his career could have had far more goals in it or more success, but in the end sort of has neither - or at least not enough of one or the other.

Same with Michael Owen. He never hit 20 league goals.

that's a bit more understandable, was constantly fucked.

went to the mags and is now the worst commentator in teh world. must be awful to have your best ever moment so early then just be dogshite forever after

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back