defoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

If we go down the club need to keep the better players unless we get a good offer. I think all players now have relegation clauses in their contracts so no need to sell on the cheap. When wolves went down they got almost 25m for fletcher and Jarvis. Just hope if we do go down we are not a soft touch.

If we go down, there isn't a single player in the squad I'd be bothered about leaving.

that's daft we do have some good players who would be class in the championship

I don't think there is one player who we need to keep, though. Those who are any good wouldn't want to be here in the Championship, so there's no point keeping them. Sides that do well in the Championship are teams like Bournemouth and Boro this season, Burnley last season, and us in each of the last two times we won it. Decent players who are well organised and work hard and put the team first and are committed to success. I can't think of a single player on our books who I would back to do that in the Championship. Teams like Cardiff and Wigan who try to do well with half a relegation team tend to do much worse.

I don't think there is one player who we need to keep, though. Those who are any good wouldn't want to be here in the Championship, so there's no point keeping them. Sides that do well in the Championship are teams like Bournemouth and Boro this season, Burnley last season, and us in each of the last two times we won it. Decent players who are well organised and work hard and put the team first and are committed to success. I can't think of a single player on our books who I would back to do that in the Championship. Teams like Cardiff and Wigan who try to do well with half a relegation team tend to do much worse.
wickham pants Larsson catts even oshea would be great not that im sure any of those would stay

wickham pants Larsson catts even oshea would be great not that im sure any of those would stay

That's the point. Larsson was off the minute he got relegated last time. Cattermole has left both teams he has been relegated with and never played a minute in the Championship. Wickham would be desperate to leave IMO. O'Shea will be 34. Pantilimon would do fine.

I'm not saying those players couldn't play in the Championship, by the way. Just that there's none of this bunch that I would really want to stay. It would be more enjoyable bringing in young, hungry players from the lower leagues than a team that was just made up of shite Premier League players who nobody wanted to buy in a league they think they're too good for.

That's the point. Larsson was off the minute he got relegated last time. Cattermole has left both teams he has been relegated with and never played a minute in the Championship. Wickham would be desperate to leave IMO. O'Shea will be 34. Pantilimon would do fine.

I'm not saying those players couldn't play in the Championship, by the way. Just that there's none of this bunch that I would really want to stay. It would be more enjoyable bringing in young, hungry players from the lower leagues than a team that was just made up of shite Premier League players who nobody wanted to buy in a league they think they're too good for.

Larsson was leaving Birmingham regardless of their league status.

Cattermole has never jumped ship from a relegated club. He left both Middlesborough and Wigan long before they were relegated.

Reactions: Sid
If we go down the club need to keep the better players unless we get a good offer. I think all players now have relegation clauses in their contracts so no need to sell on the cheap. When wolves went down they got almost 25m for fletcher and Jarvis. Just hope if we do go down we are not a soft touch.
We will be. We will fall over ourselves to get any half decent player out.

We already do in the Pl...

'The derby is really special, the fans are amazing'

Blah, blah, blah.

He'll be the first one looking for a way out if we go down.

Larsson was leaving Birmingham regardless of their league status.

Cattermole has never jumped ship from a relegated club. He left both Middlesborough and Wigan long before they were relegated.

You're right about Cattermole. How do you know Larsson wouldn't have stayed at Birmingham though? Just because his contract was running down - it was here too last season. He soon signed up again when we stayed in the Premier League.

In any event, I wouldn't be sorry to see either of them leave if we go down. Neither will be remotely interested in playing in the Championship at this stage of their careers. That being the case, I'd rather they left.

Defoe would want to leave but I'm not sure many teams would be willing to pay even reduced wage. Certainly no PL team would match current reported 70 - 80000 per week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back